Players non tendered

bpilktree

I figured with the arbitration deadline coming in few hours this thread could be good place to keep track of everyone non tendered and turn free agents tomorrow.  I think there will be a few guys that might interest us that get non tendered especially some arms that could be buy low type guys.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Braves non tender Adam Duvall.  He has had a few good seasons in Cincinnati and Atlanta but Braves have lot of young outfielders ready.  In all honesty I would prefer him to someone like Puig if we sign somebody. 

Do we need any more outfielders?Do we need any more outfielders?

White Sox non tender Carlos Rendon.  This could be a guy to sign.  TJS in 2019 just coming back last year was effective starter before hand and just 28 years age.  If you can turn in Tommy Milone into a trade chip in 2020 then Rondon a lefty starter could be a nice bounce. back type pitcher.

• Upvote 1

There are a few former 1st round and top 100 prospects on the list.  I don’t see much at 3rd or SS though so don’t see a guy coming from there.  Travis Shaw the one that sticks out as a possible 3rd baseman though not sure we will pay him what he might get.  Guessing in 3-5 million range.

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

There are a few former 1st round and top 100 prospects on the list.  I don’t see much at 3rd or SS though so don’t see a guy coming from there.  Travis Shaw the one that sticks out as a possible 3rd baseman though not sure we will pay him what he might get.  Guessing in 3-5 million range.

Bubba was a very high pick.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Bubba was a very high pick.

Yeah he has never lived up  to it.  The one guy that intrigues me most on that list though is David Dahl.  I am big fan of his and thought he was about to break out after his 2019 all star season. I don’t know the issues he had this year but like anything I take 2020 numbers with big grain of salt.   He is former 10th overall pick and top prospect.  I don’t know how he fits in here but I would love to gamble on him with change of scenery being big for him.  

26 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah he has never lived up  to it.  The one guy that intrigues me most on that list though is David Dahl.  I am big fan of his and thought he was about to break out after his 2019 all star season. I don’t know the issues he had this year but like anything I take 2020 numbers with big grain of salt.   He is former 10th overall pick and top prospect.  I don’t know how he fits in here but I would love to gamble on him with change of scenery being big for him.  

He’s a guy with a ton of talent but, can’t stay healthy. He’s going to stay healthy one of these years and he will be an all star.