Orioles make sense for Schwarber....but does it make sense for the Orioles?

Roll Tide

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

If their big three in the rotation are healthy, I expect them to contend.   But that’s a big if.   

If Strasburg and Corbin reveal themselves to have been all used up #FlagsFlyForever, '22 Max here as Super Sutcliffe is my favorite scenario for tweaking Nationals in-laws.   Soto being a playoff contending core all by himself is a long range problem, though that hasn't stopped me from offering New Year's wishes for them to enjoy their last year with the better MASN-area team.

If only trades weren't verboten, Means high for Kieboom low might be an interesting bone to pick with him having stumbled out of the gate.

That said, the many holes downstaff are false - lavish spenders anyway, a championship to "really" defend in that fandom's mind, I imagine them vacuuming up a few good-ish pitchers before OD, and maybe telling us what they really think of Kieboom.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

$10M for Schwarber with no chance to hide his glove as a DH? Yikes. 

Can we stop with this already. People saw him make a bad fielding gaffe in the 2015 playoffs and since then they think he's a complete defensive butcher. He's a slightly below average defensive left fielder with a plus arm.

16 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Can we stop with this already. People saw him make a bad fielding gaffe in the 2015 playoffs and since then they think he's a complete defensive butcher. He's a slightly below average defensive left fielder with a plus arm.

From Fangraphs:

“Per Statcast, Schwarber has been 29 runs below average as an outfielder in his career. That’s the fifth-worst mark in the majors over that period, ahead of only noted butchers Nick Castellanos, Matt Kemp, Melky Cabrera, and Shin-Soo Choo.”

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/kyle-schwarber-is-the-newest-national/

• Upvote 3