Prospects1500 Top 50 Prospect List

Can_of_corn

(25) T1-T3 guys: Go O's!

Tier 1: Players with high expectations of both making the majors and playing at an All-Star level for a number of years
Tier 2: Players with an above average expectation of making the majors and being a solid contributor
Tier 3: Players with an average expectation of making the majors and being a solid contributor

For comparison..TX, Det, and BOS each have (23) T1-T3. 

Not that anyone asked, but one guy I'm curious about this year is Kyle Stowers. Came with a decent college pedigree. Had some things to improve on. Brief debut. Here comes Covid.

Now it's 1.5 years later. What has he done? Fixed any issues? In theory he could be a very fast riser, but nobody's talking about him. I get it, but he's a curiosity for me.

Another, for the same reasons, is Zach Watson. Doesn't have the hit tool, but a plus defender. What if his hit tool improved over the last 1.5 years? 

Interesting potential there.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, LookinUp said:

Not that anyone asked, but one guy I'm curious about this year is Kyle Stowers. Came with a decent college pedigree. Had some things to improve on. Brief debut. Here comes Covid.

Now it's 1.5 years later. What has he done? Fixed any issues? In theory he could be a very fast riser, but nobody's talking about him. I get it, but he's a curiosity for me.

Another, for the same reasons, is Zach Watson. Doesn't have the hit tool, but a plus defender. What if his hit tool improved over the last 1.5 years? 

Interesting potential there.

As interested as I am in them as prospects, I may be more interested to see what they become to see what Elias sees/saw in them to draft them. What adjustments they will have them make. I want to see just how good Elias is in spotting talent that the development folks can turn around. This is a big year for the Orioles development crew. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

As interested as I am in them as prospects, I may be more interested to see what they become to see what Elias sees/saw in them to draft them. What adjustments they will have them make. I want to see just how good Elias is in spotting talent that the development folks can turn around. This is a big year for the Orioles development crew. 

The spent a lot of capital hyping up the advancements they were going to bring in the fold.  It will be interesting to see if they make a tangible difference in the on the field product.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The spent a lot of capital hyping up the advancements they were going to bring in the fold.  It will be interesting to see if they make a tangible difference in the on the field product.

GCL: 13-42, age 20.75 to 38-15, 21.4

Aberdeen: 38-37, age 21.85 to 42-33, 21.6

Delmarva: 68-66 age 22.1 to 90-48, age 22.15

Frederick: 65-72, age 23.05 to 53-84, 23.4

Bowie: 67-71, age 24.7 to  76-64, 24.15

Norfolk: 69-71, age 26.45 to 60-79, 25.85

Overall: 320-359 age 23.15 to 359-323, 23.09

Better record, slightly lower average age.   It’s not all wine and roses, but overall the system was better.   Most real prospects made good progress.   I didn’t break it down, but overall the pitching was much better.   

This reads as just a knowledgeable fan, but it's interesting how this person ranks Tyler Nevin so high. For the most part, I've treated him like a fringe prospect and most rankings seem to bare that out as he's at the bottom of a top-30, but this person has him at 14. I've basically written him off as a bench bat at best, but I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do this year before some of the better prospects start to reach the big leagues. If either him or Bannon can show themselves to be a capable option at 3B that would be a nice surprise.

• Like 1