O's @ Yankees April 6th

scOtt

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

And a gorgeous brunette in the video to boot!

Yeah I was going to say. Quite a montage of scenes of her in melancholy solitude.

It's part of the loneliness of the video that the guy and girl are never shown together. She's weeping and he's pining.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Looks like the Yankees also fail Baseball 101 with the runners going on contact with runners on second and third and the infield on the grass.

I don’t think I made that comment about the infield grass. I don’t remember saying anything about the infield grass at all.. I think Tony made that comment. Did I make it?

Just now, LA2 said:

Just listened for the first time in many years. Very moving for such spare lyrics. One of Glen Campbell's best. I think I never realized until recently the great loneliness in his music.

John Hartford wrote a LOT of his early music. Probably his lonliness...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think I made that comment about the infield grass. I don’t remember saying anything about the infield grass at all.. I think Tony made that comment. Did I make it?

It's OK, don't sweat it--infield grass is now legal in NYC, as is sidewalk grass and home grass and growing up to six plants inside your apartment.

It's not a music thread but I can't pass it up... Glen Campbell is a guitar GOD, and fluent on many other instruments. John Hartford is(was...) at LEAST as fluent on many MANY more. Glen only attracted talent like John Hartford and Bobbie Gentry. John Hartford attracted talent like VASSAR CLEMENTS and LESTER SCRUGGS!

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

John Hartford wrote a LOT of his early music. Probably his lonliness...

Good point. I had assumed that it was written by Jimmy Webb like some other Campbell hits, but the lyrics are too rich and poetically sustained to be just another Webb chart topper. GREAT lyrics.

Just now, LA2 said:

Good point. I had assumed that it was written by Jimmy Webb like some other Campbell hits, but the lyrics are too rich and poetically sustained to be just another Webb chart topper. GREAT lyrics.

Yes very great lyrics. Great songs don’t have to rhyme. These do rhyme but the rhyme is unforced and almost surprising. It’s not blatant.

good songwriting is a lost art. 

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It's not a music thread but I can't pass it up... Glen Campbell is a guitar GOD, and fluent on many other instruments. John Hartford is(was...) at LEAST as fluent on many MANY more. Glen only attracted talent like John Hartford and Bobbie Gentry. John Hartford attracted talent like VASSAR CLEMENTS and LESTER SCRUGGS!

Look up Ricky Skaggs and Chet Atkins

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Yes very great lyrics. Great songs don’t have to rhyme. These do rhyme but the rhyme is unforced and almost surprising. It’s not blatant.

good songwriting is a lost art. 

In our digital NFT world, lost art is a lost art.

Just now, Philip said:

Don’t they?

bbefhbkehfdbb.... Yes! Sorta.... Most of the time. Kremer got a LOT of calls tonight on the EDGEs of the zone.

But for the most part... 1/5 of their budget is allocated to pay off the umps! Dinners, travel first-class, 5* hotels, straight up money transfers. I don't even want to talk about their trips to Japan and Geisha girls and such winkwinknudgenudge,,,