Way too early but concerns

eddie83

16 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You have 3 rule 5 pitchers, which means you didnt have enough pitchers ready in your own system.

Gausman wasnt doing much to dictate a better haul.

This team wasnt ready to compete this season, that should have been obvious.

They do have some talent, and they are going to wow us, and at the same time, they are going to stink large ones.

Gausman came packaged with O'Day's contract, otherwise the Orioles could have gotten a bigger haul back in return if the Braves trade wasn't partly a salary dump. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Gausman came packaged with O'Day's contract, otherwise the Orioles could have gotten a bigger haul back in return if the Braves trade wasn't partly a salary dump. 

Salary dump, yes, but looking at Gausman and his issues here on the mound, he wasnt going to get much.

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

Gausman and Machado trades haven’t been the trades to turn a team around, but as of right now there are two Starters that came from those trades and unfortunately another major leaguer on a different team. 

More than likely not a single player acquired in the 2018 sell off will become an above average regular.  

On 4/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, LTO's said:

More than likely not a single player acquired in the 2018 sell off will become an above average regular.  

I still have hope for Kremer and Diaz. I think losing Pop was a mistake, but if somehow he's returned he could be a useful arm (I know that doesn't make him "an above average regular"). I would also like to see Bannon get a chance. I don't have much hope for him as an above average regular, but as a bench player or serviceable fill-in starter. Regardless, your point that the overall 2018 return was lackluster at best remains. 

Ultimately, what we saw in 2018 is a good reason why a GM that built a team should not be the one to dismantle it.