Jordan Westburg 2021

UMDTerrapins

Westburg struggling in AA Bowie is a great experience for him. The Melewski article references his struggles with the inside fastball and velocity. I like the way his development has happened this year, with the struggles happening now in AA. It gives him something to work specifically to improve on over the off season. His development has been a success this year.

48 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Westburg struggling in AA Bowie is a great experience for him. The Melewski article references his struggles with the inside fastball and velocity. I like the way his development has happened this year, with the struggles happening now in AA. It gives him something to work specifically to improve on over the off season. His development has been a success this year.

This makes me a little nervous but hopefully it's just a matter of making adjustments. 

4 hours ago, Aglets said:

Pretty detailed write-up from Melewski this morning on Westburg's early struggles at Bowie.

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/08/westburgs-slow-start-at-bowie-and-mountcastles-home-run-chase.html

Good insights here. Basically Westburg is getting busted inside with premium velocity. He’a having to adjust to that. The article described him as a “grinder”. His struggles at AA doesn’t really bother me. Let him adjust. I still want to see him in the AFL. 

The more ABs to adjust the better.