Kremer sent to AAA; Hays on IL...again!

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Hays was being held out for a precaution...now he’s out for a few weeks.

We just can’t keep relying on these guys to stay healthy.

Citation needed on that one. Certainly seems like if Mountcastle was available today, Hays may not have gone on the IL at all.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hays is a good player, but I don't see anyway Elias can plan around him being anything more than a 4th outfielder with the frequency that he gets injured. 

That is all he needs to be on this team at this point with Stewart, Mullins and Santander all producing right now.

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

I think we can safely rule out Austin Hays as a cog in the O's next competitive team

Absurd. Some guys get hurt more than others for a couple and then go years without getting hurt. Some players are able to adjust their style of play, if Hays could play a tad less recklessly, he could certainly still be a contributor.

To rule someone out because of a hamstring injury is dumb. Let me know when it is a back injury or a degenerative hip condition.

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Citation needed on that one. Certainly seems like if Mountcastle was available today, Hays may not have gone on the IL at all.

Well, they said Hays was "available" off the bench Monday.

Yet last night, a day later, when Mountcastle got hit in the hand and left the game, they moved Wilkerson to LF and brought in Valaika to play 2nd.

So I would say the "availble" on Monday was BS-coachspeak.   We consistently get it from this coaching staff, downplaying the seriousness of any injury until they are forced to make an IL move and no longer can lie with a straight face.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hays spends more than the minimum time on the IL.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yeah, but with Hays talent I want to see what he can do playing 140 games in a season. 

I think we'd all LOVE to see him play 140 games in a season.   But we wonder if he will ever do so.