I think Roberts will be traded...

LookinUp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is that he will be dealt if we can't land Tex.

And that's a moot point because we will land Tex.

In the face of all contrary evidence, why do you believe this?

Let's say there are four teams interested:

Angels

Orioles

Red $ox

Yankee$

The Orioles are the fourth most likely to make any trips to the playoffs in the next ten years. They are fourth in available revenues. They are at best third in quality of farm system. Even if Teixeira could be convinced that Anaheim, Boston and New York are sump-holes of godless human secularism, Boras is still going to plant him on the team that offers the biggest contract...and that team isn't going to be the Orioles.

Even if Teixeira could be convinced that Anaheim, Boston and New York are sump-holes of godless human secularism, Boras is still going to plant him on the team that offers the biggest contract...and that team isn't going to be the Orioles.

And you know this because?

It ain't over till it's over. No need to concede defeat before we've even seen the offers.

Too many negative attitudes on here about Tex. Think positive! :)

He's a year closer to FA, so he's even less valuable, which is why he won't be going anywhere.

Sorry but this is bs as of right now...We have no idea what his value is because we don't know how many teams will be after him.

If he has 3-6 teams going after him that truly want him, he will fetch more pure talent than the Cubs package...Maybe not the amount of players but more pure talent.

And you know this because?

It ain't over till it's over. No need to concede defeat before we've even seen the offers.

Too many negative attitudes on here about Tex. Think positive! :)

Probably best not to be playing the "and you know this because" card when you yourself make highly speculative comments at every turn on this particular subject.

Example: "that's a moot point because we will land Tex."

Probably best not to be playing the "and you know this because" card when you yourself make highly speculative comments at every turn on this particular subject.

Example: "that's a moot point because we will land Tex."

Everything is speculation right now. I'm just sick of all the posters saying we won't get him.

Nobody really knows anything, so I like to think positive and wish my fellow posters would do the same...

Archived