Keith Law mid season Top 50 prospects

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

I have never understood how/why Law was so high on Adam Hall. 

Hall’s kind of a fun player.   Pretty much the definition of a pesky leadoff man.   He was hot the first couple of weeks of July but has cooled off in the last week or so, still carrying an .848 OPS for the month.  His OBP of .345 is pretty nice, though he’s still carrying no power.

Best feature?   He’s 24 for 25 stealing bases.   Whenever he’s getting on base a lot, he’s stealing a lot, and he’s rarely caught.   He’s probably the best base stealer in our organization.   Don’t know about the rest of his baserunning, but I’d bet it’s very good.   

Worst feature?   He strikes out too much for a guy with no pop.   30% whiff rate.   You’ve heard of Mauer with power?   This guy is Stowers without power,   His BABIP is .371.   He’s fast enough to leg out a ton of hits if he actually gets his bat on the ball.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Best feature?   He’s 24 for 25 stealing bases.   Whenever he’s getting on base a lot, he’s stealing a lot, and he’s rarely caught.   He’s probably the best base stealer in our organization.   Don’t know about the rest of his baserunning, but I’d bet it’s very good.  

Aberdeen is the one with the experimental rule about pickoff throws, I believe.   I noticed Maverick Handley had 11 SB and for a minute that got me to the notion those rules were really going to mess up projection systems, but I just looked at all the catchers in the league (in case they all had 10 steals too), and Handley really is a standout same as Hall in that respect.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Aberdeen is the one with the experimental rule about pickoff throws, I believe.   I noticed Maverick Handley had 11 SB and for a minute that got me to the notion those rules were really going to mess up projection systems, but I just looked at all the catchers in the league (in case they all had 10 steals too), and Handley really is a standout same as Hall in that respect.

FWIW, Hall’s 24 SB leads the league.

Low A East: 1.34 steals/game, 79% success rate

Hi A East, 1.02 steals/game, 75% success rate.   

AA Northeast: 1.01 steals/game, 70% success rate 

AAA East: 0.74 steals/game, 76% success rate 

Doesn’t seem like the rule changes have had much impact.   It’s always been generally true that steaks become less prevalent as you move up the ladder.

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FWIW, Hall’s 24 SB leads the league.

Low A East: 1.34 steals/game, 79% success rate

Hi A East, 1.02 steals/game, 75% success rate.   

AA Northeast: 1.01 steals/game, 70% success rate 

AAA East: 0.74 steals/game, 76% success rate 

Doesn’t seem like the rule changes have had much impact.   It’s always been generally true that steaks become less prevalent as you move up the ladder.

I've always believed that steaks become more prevalent as you move up the ladder.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I've always believed that steaks become more prevalent as you move up the ladder.

This confused me at first.   But my typo undoubtedly confused you!   I think I’ll leave it uncorrected so people can enjoy your punch line.

• Upvote 1