Chris Davis retires!

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Mine certainly were! Introduced me to Aretha, Elvis, The Supremes, Waylon and Willie and the boys, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Roger Miller ? , '50 Musicals (That's trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for POOL! ? ) . SO many great artists I can't remember them all.

Man, I had to do all this the hard way.

This helped, back in the day.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like it better than his work with the Cardigans.

Wow, I didn't know he did stuff like this. All my memories of TJ are live performances on variety shows (usually viewed on a small GE b&w TV). I cdn't stand watching more than half of the MV, but the background video has a lot of clever visual puns in it. Intriguing that it's all set in imagery from fashion design--someone was thinking and having fun with it.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

‘Crazy’ is a legendary song.  Did Patsy Sing it first ?

Willie Nelson wrote it, recorded a HORRIBLE version of it, but Patsy and the Jordanaires and her producer Owen Bradley made into something very great.

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Wow, I didn't know he did stuff like this. All my memories of TJ are live performances on variety shows (usually viewed on a small GE b&w TV). I cdn't stand watching more than half of the MV, but the background video has a lot of clever visual puns in it. Intriguing that it's all set in imagery from fashion design--someone was thinking and having fun with it.

Or, so you haven't seen the other song I mentioned?  I can fix that.

28 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I love that clip! I can't even remember their real names, look at Oscar and Felix watching Roy, just RAPT with the talent he had, he's just showing off! They're both truly out of character, two artists (actors) AMAZED at the talent Roy had.