The AFL Thread 2021

Frobby

Cullen came over in the Tommy Milone trade. He seems like he’s going to have to battle for an IF spot at Bowie next year. He turns 25 soon. He’s got some pop, has on base skills, and doesn’t k too much. I guess he missed some time with injuries this year. 

I don’t think anyone we sent to the AFL is in danger of getting selected in the Rule 5 draft. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It will be the happiest take on an injury ever if he does.  :D

"Stowers has been great this year and he were asking even more of him by sending him to the AFL. Fortunately, he got a little injury which gave him time to rest before the AFL stretch run."

Diaz hasn’t torn it up, but he’s rekindled the slightest bit of hope that he isn’t permanently lost. I have an evolving interest in seeing what Cullen does in ‘22. He’s a gamer who gets on base. Has made some nice defensive plays in AFL. A lot of guys for one reason or another who are Rule V eligible before getting 1000 MiL at bats. Cullen isn’t even close (786). That lost season might expose a few guys to Rule V who didn’t get enough PT to properly evaluate. Edit - not implying that Cullen is one of those guys (perhaps in the AAA phase though)

• Upvote 1