ACC/Big Ten BEATDOWN is this week

YardBirds13

Well, Duke(of course!) wins a game in the ACC/little 10 challenge.

Dominated the supposed second best team in the conference.

I liked seeing Duke hit the glass that well tonight.

Their defense is ridiculously good.

IMO This is the best Duke team since 2001.

What sucks is that Carolina has their best team since '83. I honestly believe that there is a bigger talent gap in the polls between #1 and #2, than there is between #5-#25.

IMO This is the best Duke team since 2001.

What sucks is that Carolina has their best team since '83. I honestly believe that there is a bigger talent gap in the polls between #1 and #2, than there is between #5-#25.

Agreed, the ACC looks insanely top heavy this year.

As in, Anna Nicole Smith top heavy.

Agreed, the ACC looks insanely top heavy this year.

As in, Anna Nicole Smith top heavy.

Well Duke was 13-3 last year and I think UNC was 14-2, in the conference.

If I am right about that, I must say that it would be a mild upset to see those 2 teams lose a total of 5 conference games this year.

I came here to post the same stuff SG just wrote and Vitale just said. If UNC stays relatively healthy, they are completely unbeatable this year IMO. I think this team will rival the UNC team that had Worthy, Jordan, and Perkins for the best college team I've ever seen (I was thinking this before Vitale said it). They have just completely abused Mich St. I honestly believe they could give several NBA teams a scare in a 5 game series. It is almost ridiculous.

I don't think UNC has even 1 player that's going to be a good starter in the NBA. Wake Forest has the best talent in the ACC - but they are raw. The question is - how fast do they develop. And Teague needs to play under control.

I don't think UNC has even 1 player that's going to be a good starter in the NBA. Wake Forest has the best talent in the ACC - but they are raw. The question is - how fast do they develop. And Teague needs to play under control.

This has been the problem at Wake since Dave Odom left. The run and gun style is fun and attracts good players, but it doesn't win come tournament time. The key for Wake this year is going to be how they play defensively.

Good thing Duke didn't play at Michigan in the Big 10 challenge.:D

Why? Because they easily beat them a few weeks ago? Or because they beat a much better team a few days ago?

One thing they did today was have an awful game plan...I am pretty sure they overlooked Michigan...Bad job by the coaching staff today.

Why? Because they easily beat them a few weeks ago? Or because they beat a much better team a few days ago?

One thing they did today was have an awful game plan...I am pretty sure they overlooked Michigan...Bad job by the coaching staff today.

I think it's rather obvious why.

Enjoy the challenge for one more year.

As I posted last year, the Big Ten may have the best set of basketball coaches in it's history at one time. Crean will have IU ranked again in two years, Beilein will succeed in Michigan, and OSU, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan State all seem likely to drift into the top 25 at some point in that season. Minnesota has only brighter days ahead and Purdue is back on solid footing.

The Big Ten's first victory will likely be in 2010 and it should be a good challenge going forward.

• 3 months later...

Archived