Kiley McDaniel’s FA contract predictions

Sports Guy

54 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Pretty much every site I've seen had them as the favorite to sign him. What don't you like about Ray? Potential overpay for a career year? 

Yep.  It’s not that I don’t think he’s good but I don’t think he should get more than ERod got.  

Whoever signs him to the deal I think he’s likely to get will regret it.  I just don’t get why teams don’t learn.  I know the sport is flush with cash but still, teams just keep being dumb.

Can’t see the list behind the ESPN+ paywall, but so far of the MLBTR top 50, 8 have signed: 

14. Rodriguez

22. DeSciafini

23. Verlander

27. Matz

28. Graveman

36. Belt

37. Syndergaard

50. Heaney

Notably, 7 of the 8 are pitchers, and the other (Belt) accepted his QO.    Of the remaining 42, 23 are position players, 19 are pitchers.

It seems to me that it’s a bit unusual for 8 of the top 50 to be signed before Thanksgiving, but with the expected lockout and cancellation of the Winter Meetings, I guess it’s not too surprising that a few players wanted to sign early and not stress about it the next few months.