What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Rougned Odor?

Frobby

What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Rougned Odor?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your 2022 OPS Projection for Rougned Odor?

• .780 or higher
    • .750 - .779
    • .720 - .749
    • .690 - .719
    • .660 - .689
    • Under .660

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/22 at 22:20

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Elias has told you what he is going to do.  You either don't have the patience for it or you don't believe in it.    

He is going to develop his team through the draft, Rule 5  and in the future the international signings.   When he gets close he will fill holes with FA but probably not on long term deals.   He will trade surplus or player that are getting too expensive for pitching and younger players.  

You have to know that.   You are an Orioles fan.  You know the reality of trying to compete with the high revenue team by signing big deals.   You know Elias is going with some version of what  Tampa  is doing.  A modified version.   But you keep fighting it.

After watching the O's floundering for years you should be able to see that Elias is halfway there.    He has the patience to get there.   And if you stay an O's fan he will take you there kicking and screaming all the way.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about w/r/t my post and what was being discussed.  Just stop.

15 hours ago, Just Regular said:

As adamant as you are about doing something at 2B for 2022 in a throwaway year, who do you want to be the 2023 SS?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it becomes Henderson or Westburg (never mind Ortiz, though the nice reports are nice) because I think if the regime truly forecast them as MLB shortstops they wouldn't be working on positional flexibility in the mid-minors.   I hope I'm wrong.

Most of the best players should be on the field for the Orioles much of 2023, costing nothing, and you only get so many positions to amass value with a baseball team.

Btw, DeJong is the still the best target for us imo.  Obviously the Cards have to want to move him which means they want Correa or more likely Story, which has been reported.

But DeJong is the best and most logical target for us and his contract allows for a lot of flexibility long term.

33 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Nah. Over Davis' last three seasons he was -3.3 WAR per 600 PAs.  He'd have to OPS, like, .450 and be a -10 second baseman to get there.

I was just referring to his OPS. Davis was .601 and .539 in his final two years with the O's. Odor was .623 and .665 in '20 and '21. That is definitely better than Davis but close enough that sub .600 would not be a stretch.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I was just referring to his OPS. Davis was .601 and .539 in his final two years with the O's. Odor was .623 and .665 in '20 and '21. That is definitely better than Davis but close enough that sub .600 would not be a stretch.

Interestingly, the 8 third-party projections I’ve seen for Odor all range between .687 - .723, and only two of them (PECOTA and Steamer) are below .700.    Let’s hope they’re right, if he’s going to be on the team.  

• 7 months later...

Nearly 23% correctly guessed that Odor (.632) would have an OPS under .660.   Considering the league dropped by 30 points, the 45% who guessed .660-.689 didn’t do too badly.  For those who guessed .690 or higher, what were you thinking?