Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

They’re poor at communicating but this should go just as much on the beat reporters who seem to have to be prompted to do their jobs. Roch loves to tout his streak of consecutive days with an article written, but very rarely is there any substance to them. 

I just can't blame Roch.  He had to leave the Sun and MASN allowed him to keep getting paid to write about the Orioles.

Him going to Florida on his own dime this spring impressed me.

But at the end of the day he's an employee of the same people that own the team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

They’re poor at communicating but this should go just as much on the beat reporters who seem to have to be prompted to do their jobs. Roch loves to tout his streak of consecutive days with an article written, but very rarely is there any substance to them. 

I like Roch, but I view him as a public relations employee of the team. You're certainly on the money about the reporters who work for media organizations not named MASN. 

The Orioles generally get treated with kid gloves from the Baltimore sports media and Elias should feel lucky he doesn't have to deal with New York or Boston sports writers. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like Roch, but I view him as a public relations employee of the team. You're certainly on the money about the reporters who work for media organizations not named MASN. 

The Orioles generally get treated with kid gloves from the Baltimore sports media and Elias should feel lucky he doesn't have to deal with New York or Boston sports writers. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just can't blame Roch.  He had to leave the Sun and MASN allowed him to keep getting paid to write about the Orioles.

Him going to Florida on his own dime this spring impressed me.

But at the end of the day he's an employee of the same people that own the team.

Good points on Roch and the state run media that is MASN. They’re a PR arm of the team. But, they still can ask questions about Adley, Hall etc. without incurring the wrath of Elias. At least I would assume. 

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I don't think any ML organization puts out day to day reports on prospects, or detailed day by day rehab plans. I do wish that a reporter or someone had asked when Adley wasn't in the line-up yesterday.   

I understand that, but Rutschman is the number one MLB prospect and the most important player in the organization. His progress and return from an injury is something people are going to be asking about and it's not the same thing as a Rylan Bannon being injured. 

(And I'm just using Bannon's name as an example.)

Just now, waroriole said:

Good points on Roch and the state run media that is MASN. They’re a PR arm of the team. But, they still can ask questions about Adley, Hall etc. without incurring the wrath of Elias. At least I would assume. 

You don't need MASN to get these questions asked.

Where is the Sun, the Athletic and MLB?  All three of those should have daily coverage of the O's plus all the National outlets. 

There isn't one legit reason that we don't have info on whats going on with Adley.  Blame whoever you want but someone should be telling us.  Is he in Bowie or Norfolk tonight?  Tell us.  Is he sore?  Tell us.  Did he have a setback?  Tell us.

This isn't national security.  

The team is putting everything into their prospects and saying they are the future.  They are doing while fielding a sh!t product in the majors.  The least you could do is keep us informed on these types of things, since you don't care about us in any other way.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't need MASN to get these questions asked.

Where is the Sun, the Athletic and MLB?  All three of those should have daily coverage of the O's plus all the National outlets. 

Since Britt left, I don’t even know who the mlb reporter is. The Sun is dying. Connolly doesn’t seem interested in this kind of thing with the Athletic. The team has really been able to avoid the questions they should be getting asked. 

We really need our own Trent Crimm

12 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Since Britt left, I don’t even know who the mlb reporter is. The Sun is dying. Connolly doesn’t seem interested in this kind of thing with the Athletic. The team has really been able to avoid the questions they should be getting asked. 

We really need our own Trent Crimm

Zach Silver is the MLB.com Orioles beat writer now and he hasn't posted a tweet in three days (besides any retweets), so if he's up-to-date on Rutschman's status it's not being promoted by him on social media.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Without a doubt, the jury is still out on Elias' drafting. Until his players show up in the major leaguers and start to do well, he's done nothing more than draft "prospects". 

He's had 4 drafts so far and two out of his top five prospects are Rajsich's draft picks. Not surprisingly those are both pitching prospects (Rodriguez and Hall).

Heck, the jury is still out on the effectiveness of the international signings. Their first class of signings have not exactly done much in the states with Luis Ortiz, Luis Gonzales, and Leonel Sánchez all struggling in the FCL last year and none of them being in Delmarva this year. Now grant it, the first group was signed just seven months after Koby Perez was hired to rebuild the international scouting department, so these guys were late bloomers or left overs, but still, they have not done well.

Outside of Pinto who looks interesting, the DSL guys received in the first trades by Elias have not exactly looked great with Deson and De Leon struggling in Delmarva this year. 

So yes, it's fair to say the jury is out on the scouting, drafting and development with the Elias regime until his players start to show up and contribute to a winning major league ballclub regardless of where the farm system ranks by national prospect publications/sites.

His Astros drafts look very good.  Better all the time in fact.   

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

His Astros drafts look very good.  Better all the time in fact.   

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He's also only had 3 drafts so far if my math is correct.

Who cares? We're talking about him with the Orioles as GM. My comments are facts, not opinions. Until his players do something to help the Orioles be a contending major league franchise the jury is out on Elias. It's not a knock on Elias, it just pure facts.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Who cares? We're talking about him with the Orioles as GM. My comments are facts, not opinions. Until his players do something to help the Orioles be a contending major league franchise the jury is out on Elias. It's not a knock on Elias, it just pure facts.

Huh?   The fact is that he's overseen 3 drafts with the Orioles.   The jury is out on Elias.  I'm not sure that's a fact but I do agree with it.