How to watch O's games with out cable or satellite service

daffy022

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow - did not know that was happening.

We didn't have cable growing up so I remember anxiously looking at the schedule at which games would be on regular TV.  Now I've probably gotten spoiled with being able to watch every single game.  With that said, if what you state above becomes a trend, I love listening to the game on the radio as well, so no big deal there.

Some Friday games will be on Apple.  Some Sunday games which will have real early start times like 1130/12 will be on Peacock. It won’t be a ton of games fans will miss.  

Orioles have one game later on in summer on a Friday that will be an Apple game. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

If we get to watch 150 Os games on MASN and need to have a streaming service, go to a bar, etc…to watch the other ones, that seems to be a problem a lot of people in this world would like to have. #firstworldissues

I hear you. I think the biggest complaints will be a big game in September not on.  Division games with meaning, etc.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I hear you. I think the biggest complaints will be a big game in September not on.  Division games with meaning, etc.  

People will sign up for Apple TV for just $5 a month, and in 2029 realize they'd never unsubscribed.

You know, the new Ted Lasso season comes out in August, so I'm guessing I'll still have Apple TV in September, ready for the O's pennant push, so no big deal.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

People will sign up for Apple TV for just $5 a month, and in 2029 realize they'd never unsubscribed.

You know, the new Ted Lasso season comes out in August, so I'm guessing I'll still have Apple TV in September, ready for the O's pennant push, so no big deal.

And let me just say that Ted Lasso is worth the price of admission all by itself.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I wonder if they would put playoff games on streaming services only?

I would guess they would draw the line at that.

Probalby not this go-round.   Next round of TV contracts, however many years away that is.

Starting this year, most of the NFL Thursday Night football package will be on Amazon.   They even lured Al Michaels away from NBC to do the play by play.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Probalby not this go-round.   Next round of TV contracts, however many years away that is.

Starting this year, most of the NFL Thursday Night football package will be on Amazon.   They even lured Al Michaels away from NBC to do the play by play.

And Herbsteit to do color although he stays at ESPN.

NBc was moving on from Michaels, so Amazon didn’t really take him away.

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What I ditched a year and a half ago?  Was satellite, but same difference.

Since it's not MASN, and no cable, and free... I have to ask if it's legal?

Almost certainly not, no. But it's easily Google-able and has worked flawlessly for every spring game with no pop-up ads. It might not be long for this world. 

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Almost certainly not, no. But it's easily Google-able and has worked flawlessly for every spring game with no pop-up ads. It might not be long for this world. 

During the sports shutdown in the early days of the pandemic scOtt sent me a link to a site that streamed almost everything sports, including the Belarusian Premier League which was probably the only active sports league left in the world.  It worked for a long time, I was sometimes able to watch my favorite 3rd division German soccer when that came back.  If you could put up with the constant ads for very, very dicey Russian mail-order brides and the like.  It randomly disappeared within the last few months.

• Haha 1

Gotta love the fact that on the last broadcast before the season starts, they've got technical difficulties in Baltimore, keeping Melanie and Ben from being available to do the call. 

Roch's doing it from Sarasota instead, and even then it's really spotty. 

I mean, how low do they have to go before they can no longer be allowed to call themselves a Major League franchise? 

Pretty disgusted this afternoon.  Even though Lyles gave us a pretty nice two innings in his start so far. 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Streaming has just made life more complicated….

6 minutes ago, justD said:

Gotta love the fact that on the last broadcast before the season starts, they've got technical difficulties in Baltimore, keeping Melanie and Ben from being available to do the call. 

Roch's doing it from Sarasota instead, and even then it's really spotty. 

I mean, how low do they have to go before they can no longer be allowed to call themselves a Major League franchise? 

Pretty disgusted this afternoon.  Even though Lyles gave us a pretty nice two innings in his start so far. 

It’s embarrassing.