Raise your hand if you think Watkins was a better choice than Bradish?

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Now I wasn’t going to respond until I read that last paragraph and you are making an assumption that I don’t get there’s more than one way to skin a cat. What I’m going off of is what Elias said himself. 

So he has built this entire organization and his final piece is the ML level. He started at the bottom and built it up. He said this is how it would be and it would take years to translate to the big league level. This narrative that some are brainwashed with losing is the only way to win is pure hogwash. Elias called this from day 1 and I think whats He done he has earned the respect to see if it translates to the big league club. At least Elias was straight to the point  instead of that Yo-yo Duquette who said a bunch of nothing. 

ERod wasn’t coming here. 
Kluber is in the final stages of his career playing for a ring. 
Correa we all heard the rumors but that’s not good enough when earlier you wanted to know that they at least tried. 

I can do this all night. If you want me to tell you some weaknesses I see in his plan I’ll gladly offer that. But I wont keep talking in circles when arrogance is more important than a baseball conversation. 

You keep thinking that you can only build an organization without putting a quality product on the field.  

And hey, that's fine, that's what you believe.  

You asked me what I'd have done differently to get this team closer to 81 wins thinking I wasn't going to have an answer and you didn't like that I threw out very reasonable players and very reasonable contracts that this team could have matched.  The bitch of it all is that we absolutely don't know if they'd have come here because we didn't try, outside of maybe Correa.

But that's cool, you think we have to lose 100 games each year in order to build a sustained winner.  I happen to disagree and that's fine.  I mean, if you're happy with trotting Spenser Watkins out in the first week and signing Matt Harvey to a MiL deal, that's your prerogative.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You keep thinking that you can only build an organization without putting a quality product on the field.  

And hey, that's fine, that's what you believe.  

You asked me what I'd have done differently to get this team closer to 81 wins thinking I wasn't going to have an answer and you didn't like that I threw out very reasonable players and very reasonable contracts that this team could have matched.  The bitch of it all is that we absolutely don't know if they'd have come here because we didn't try, outside of maybe Correa.

But that's cool, you think we have to lose 100 games each year in order to build a sustained winner.  I happen to disagree and that's fine.  I mean, if you're happy with trotting Spenser Watkins out in the first week and signing Matt Harvey to a MiL deal, that's your prerogative.  

My favorite part about this is when you tried to make the reading comprehension remark yet you’ve managed to find something I’ve never said and made it like I have said it. Lol. 
Get pumped about 81 wins. That says more about you than anything. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

My favorite part about this is when you tried to make the reading comprehension remark yet you’ve managed to find something I’ve never said and made it like I have said it. Lol. 
Get pumped about 81 wins. That says more about you than anything. 

Hey, we'd be closer to 81 wins this year if we did things my way this offseason.  

Guess what?  Gotta get to 81 wins before you get to 90.  But you're happy losing 100 games a year for 4 years on end because Elias told you that's what it'll take.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey, we'd be closer to 81 wins this year if we did things my way this offseason.  

Guess what?  Gotta get to 81 wins before you get to 90.  But you're happy losing 100 games a year for 4 years on end because Elias told you that's what it'll take.

You excited to see who we take 1.1 in the draft? 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure.  But I'd rather see this team getting closer to being a winner at the ML level than having a 1.1 draft pick.  That's loser **** right there.

I was trying to get the conversation back to baseball. I didn't ask about next years I’m asking about this coming year. If we knew each other I’d get a little wild and make a bet that this team doesn’t get the 1.1 pick next year. You know because it’s a lottery now and it doesn’t guarantee it anymore. Too smart for your own hood homie. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Means is likely missing one start at a minimum so you have to call up Bradish now, right? Please override the algorithm Sig and make this happen. 

Whatever Elias' plan is for Bradish I think he's demonstrated that injuries occurring to players on the big league club will not expedite the process.  Who was the starter for Norfolk tonight?  Ellis?

He's my guess for Means's next start. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Means is likely missing one start at a minimum so you have to call up Bradish now, right? Please override the algorithm Sig and make this happen. 

If they call up Harvey or...really, anyone else other than Bradish, I will take my dogs poop and throw it at the Warehouse.  Inexcusable.  

I do believe Harvey is up sometime in the next month or so at this rate so I better start getting my throwing arm in shape.

Just now, ChuckS said:

Whatever Elias' plan is for Bradish I think he's demonstrated that injuries occurring to players on the big league club will not expedite the process.  Who was the starter for Norfolk tonight?  Ellis?

He's my pick for Means's next start. 

Trade for Kluber 

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

I was trying to get the conversation back to baseball. I didn't ask about next years I’m asking about this coming year. If we knew each other I’d get a little wild and make a bet that this team doesn’t get the 1.1 pick next year. You know because it’s a lottery now and it doesn’t guarantee it anymore. Too smart for your own hood homie. 

No, I'm saying I'd have preferred this team not to have sucked so bad last year that we have the 1:1 pick this year.  That would have meant that Akin, Kremer and Lowther weren't disasters last year.  

Too smart for my own hood, homie?  I believe you meant "good."

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

No, I'm saying I'd have preferred this team not to have sucked so bad last year that we have the 1:1 pick this year.  That would have meant that Akin, Kremer and Lowther weren't disasters last year.  

Too smart for my own hood, homie?  I believe you meant "good."

Yes it was supposed to say good. I’m sorry! When would the tossing of your dogs poop take place? I’d like to be there to witness this. 

2 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Yes it was supposed to say good. I’m sorry! When would the tossing of your dogs poop take place? I’d like to be there to witness this. 

When Elias brings up Harvey.

And that's the thing, Harvey shouldn't even be here.  I'm not sure if you were on here last week when the signing was announced but I preferred Cueto instead of Harvey.  Didn't even realize Cueto was out there but the White Sox snagged him.  Can't even sign the right MiL retread.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

When Elias brings up Harvey.

And that's the thing, Harvey shouldn't even be here.  I'm not sure if you were on here last week when the signing was announced but I preferred Cueto instead of Harvey.  Didn't even realize Cueto was out there but the White Sox snagged him.  Can't even sign the right MiL retread.

More upside than Kluber. 

RELAX Im KIDDING 

Edited by Bmorebirds24

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Be careful, Sig's algorithm might spit out Adam Plutko!

• Haha 1