The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the national media write off the Orioles as serious contenders for Tex since the beginning of the off season, it does feel weird to get some positive news like this. Either the dollar figures that Ravech gave are high or other teams have offered more than reported. I am guessing it is the latter. Given the current reported offers, there would be no reason for us to go that high, especially if Tex really does want to play close to "home".

Either way, it does seem like we should hear soon one way or another, which is really the best news.

With the national media write off the Orioles as serious contenders for Tex since the beginning of the off season, it does feel weird to get some positive news like this. Either the dollar figures that Ravech gave are high or other teams have offered more than reported. I am guessing it is the latter. Given the current reported offers, there would be no reason for us to go that high, especially if Tex really does want to play close to "home".

Either way, it does seem like we should hear soon one way or another, which is really the best news.

Especially after being blasted yesterday for even trying to sign Teixeira. What do they want from the organization? Come on, YESPNESN, give us a break. It can't be all about the Yankees and Red Sox all the time. As the saying goes, it takes money to make money.

Guys, $23M a year is not AROD Money!

$28M is getting there, but ARod basically signed a 10/$305M deal with the Yankees last offseason. ARod money is a lot bigger than what you guys are saying it is.

I'd be ok with $23M a year for Tex if we can keep it to an 8-year deal. For a 10-year deal, I'd really rather stay in the $20M range. 10/$200M is probably a cheaper deal than 8/$184M.

Archived