A's lose six to Covid

Going Underground

The A’s announced this evening they’ve placed six players — catcher Austin Allen, infielders Jed Lowrie and Chad Pinder, and pitchers A.J. Puk, Lou Trivino and Kirby Snead on the COVID-19 injured list. Infielders Nick Allen and Christian Lopes and reliever Sam Selman have been added to the roster as COVID replacements.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

The A’s announced this evening they’ve placed six players — catcher Austin Allen, infielders Jed Lowrie and Chad Pinder, and pitchers A.J. Puk, Lou Trivino and Kirby Snead on the COVID-19 injured list. Infielders Nick Allen and Christian Lopes and reliever Sam Selman have been added to the roster as COVID replacements.

A few of those guys (Puk I know for sure) were already on a reserve list because they didn't make the trip to Toronto due to not being vaccinated and not being allowed to enter Canada.

Sounds like bullpen is affected.   Lowrie was just signed to return to the A's in March.   Pinder, a Virginia Tech alum, is a jack of all trades who plays infield and outfield and has become a regular in their lineup which is depleted of its former stars with Olson and Chapman traded and Laureano still finishing his PED suspension.

Their lineup is pretty weak but they still have some pitching.   We will probably see under 30 runs in this 4 game series.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A few of those guys (Puk I know for sure) were already on a reserve list because they didn't make the trip to Toronto due to not being vaccinated and not being allowed to enter Canada.

Sounds like bullpen is affected.   Lowrie was just signed to return to the A's in March.   Pinder, a Virginia Tech alum, is a jack of all trades who plays infield and outfield and has become a regular in their lineup which is depleted of its former stars with Olson and Chapman traded and Laureano still finishing his PED suspension.

Their lineup is pretty weak but they still have some pitching.   We will probably see under 30 runs in this 4 game series.

Lost their closer and one of their setup guys 

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A's have scored the most runs in the majors somehow. 

42 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I guess all those guys caught it in Canada, even with there very strict regulations and not letting unvaccinated in.  It almost like these regulations don’t do much.  

No, several of them were on the list before the Canada trip.

I think what happened is that there are still different rules for unvaccinated players and they have to go on the list if they are exposed to someone who has it, while vaccinated players don't.