The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

5:21pm: There's a report from Channel 5 in Boston saying John Henry and Theo Epstein will meet with Scott Boras tonight and "hope to have an agreement with the free-agent first baseman sometime tonight or tomorrow morning."

MLBTR

Maybe I'm mistaken, but that is not what MLBTR says

There's a report from Channel 5 in Boston saying John Henry and Theo Epstein will meet with Scott Boras tonight and may be close to signing Teixeira.

:noidea:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Turner? He's not a sure thing, but he's close to the majors.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Justin%20Turner&pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=457759

http://redsminorleagues.com/category/justin-turner/

There are far worse prospects to trot out on the field. Should start the season in AA, maybe a promotion to AAA in June, could be a September call up. If it's take it or leave it, with B-Rob leaving, I'll definitely take it. :scratchchinhmm:

Justin Turner is 2 years away from being a career utilityman.

If the Orioles gave this their best effort and can reasonably explain how they let Tex go to a rival that's fine. But they had better have given it their best damn effort!

Everyone will say there will be no reasonable explanation for letting Tex go to a rival, nonetheless, so what's the point?

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but Tex hasn't signed with Boston yet. Reading the last several pages you would think that he has. Why don't we just wait and see what happens before all the doom and gloom posts.

Some of you live and die by comments in the media. Just a couple days ago it was looking good for the O's landing Tex and it was pandemonium in here. Now a report comes out saying he may land in Boston and it's still pandemonium but in the opposite way this time.

I agree completely, the question is do you still think Belkast's info holds true that we'll have the opportunity to match or beat the final offer?

I think we will personally, it makes sense.

I also remember him saying that we would see another big report in the media, and I thought it meant it would be a report that didn't sound good for the O's

The thing is Boston media knows what the Sox are up to AT ALL TIMES. The Baltimore media is so clueless (no fault of their's) as to what Andy is up to that all we hear is Boston reports.

I am really sorry, but... for this most recent report... Why in the world would Scott Boras be meeting the heads of the Red Sox in Texas in order to get the deal done for Teixeira? That really just doesn't make any sense to me and sounds like wishful thinking on the Boston reporter's part.

I hope that I am right in thinking this way, too...

I guess we, as fans, are the ones to blame. The FO never hyped up a potential signing of Teixiera and have rarely commented on interest. We have been building up his return home for a few years now and set ourselves up for drastic disappointment. Oh well.... :rolleyestf:

Archived