Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Just saw this…what in the world?🤡🤡🤡

Trying to get 8 RH hitters in the lineup vs the lefty Kikuchi.

Kikuchi MLB career splits:
   vs RH batters:  .278/.351/.495/.845
   vs LH batters:   .211/.269/.383/.652

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Trying to get 8 RH hitters in the lineup vs the lefty Kikuchi.

Kikuchi MLB career splits:
   vs RH batters:  .278/.351/.495/.845
   vs LH batters:   .211/.269/.383/.652

No Mancini in the lineup either. If they wanted to get 9 RH hitters in the lineup, they could have put Mancini in the outfield and slid Hays to center.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

No Mancini in the lineup either. If they wanted to get 9 RH hitters in the lineup, they could have put Mancini in the outfield and slid Hays to center.

Mancini got hit in the hand last night.   I am guessing he either can't play or is sore enough for a precautionary day off.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Makes sense.

We  never should have asked for that damn replay review, where they overturned the ground ball and said the ball hit him when he was swinging so it was strike three instead!

Because if the ball didn't hit him, he wouldn't be sore today!    😁

• Haha 2

Hyder just wants us to reminisce tonight about Davey sitting Palmeiro, Brady, etc against Randy Johnson in the postseason.

You can't not get Jeff Reboulet into the lineup, he has the platoon advantage for goodness sake.

Seriously, this perhaps will be the eventual Stowers usage pattern...I'm hoping for him to do the Joc Pederson type things well, but feel like hoping for a 650 PA performer instead of a 450 PA one is hoping for too much.

18 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Martin had two great games and they sat him. Did the same with Guterriez early in the season. I like Hyde but that’s my biggest beef with him: you gotta ride the hot hand.

Except that the hot hand is not really a thing. If you have a career .250 hitter who's hitting .500 over his last 15 games the most likely outcome of tonight's game is that he's going to go 1-for-4.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Isn't Wonder Franco the youngest player in MLB this season?

He's 21.

Yeah I wasn't clear, I'm referring to the scores of players who debuted at 18/19 and were far better at that age of 18/19 than Rutschman is at 24.5, such as Harper, Trout, Acuna, Ramirez, Soto, Guerrero Jr etc

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1