Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. Mussina won them 20 games last year. Replacing him with CC doesn't improve them as much as everyone seems to think. CC will eat up more innings, so he can rest the bullpen some. But, he probably won't win many more games than Mussina did.

No he will not but they will have a healthy Wang and AJ Burnett where they did not last year, plus Joba. I hate them but their rotation is far superior to last year

No he will not but they will have a healthy Wang and AJ Burnett where they did not last year, plus Joba. I hate them but their rotation is far superior to last year

There were a lot of seasons that Toronto thought they had a healthy AJ...and then they didn't.

Early I tried to post a link to a blog called

"Tex + Nats = World Series" which is obviously a very misguided sentiment. However, I thought you might enjoy some jollies so here a working link

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/12/teixeira_nats_world_series.html

Here's a good quote:

"If that happens it's going to be a dream come true," Ballester said during his monthly satellite radio appearance, "Deep Thoughts with Collin Balester," on Minors & Majors with Grant Paulsen. "That guy is a great player, and if he comes to the nation's capital, watch out, we're going to the World Series and we are winning it all. I'm calling it right now. We're playing four games in the World Series, sweep, see ya!"

...which is more proof that when it comes to baseball, Washingtonians don't have a freakin' clue!

I seriously can't tell here...Are you being sarcastic or do you really not know that Collin Balester pitches for the Nats? He has nothing to do with DC sports fans. I think he's from California.

Do you also not know that the Post's DC Sports Bog makes fun of everything and that's a completely tongue-in-cheek headline? There is literally nothing in that paragraph that seriously says the Nats are going to the World Series w/ Teixeira. At all. The reading comprehension on this board is almost absurd at times.

I think Boras is pouting. I think the economy is pissing him off. Teams arent going all out this year.

The RedSox calling his bluff and the Angels getting out of the race limits their leverage.

Exactly... he really wanted 10/200 and he's not getting it. In desperation he's turned to the Yanks but I don't think they're going to bail him out. Right now Boras doesn't know what to do.

Archived