Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I agree. If the reports of these offers are accurate, he ought to be taking a look at the economic news every day and realize its time to end this. He already looks like a typical greedy athlete. I think it is time for all teams to say "you have until midnight tonight or our offer is off the table."

At some point, sanity has to prevail.

Greed captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Friday, Boras called several teams to determine what they were willing to offer Teixeira, one of the baseball people said. The two spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to jeopardize their access to sensitive information."

If this is true, then this is the O's chance - if they are serious about bringing Teixeira in.

I agree. If the reports of these offers are accurate, he ought to be taking a look at the economic news every day and realize its time to end this. He already looks like a typical greedy athlete. I think it is time for all teams to say "you have until midnight tonight or our offer is off the table."

At some point, sanity has to prevail.

If you could negotiate an extra 20-30mil would YOU turn it down? Especially in these economic times! I would be doing the same thing he is doing.

I would also continue my philanthropic ways on a much grander scale.:)

There was another thread I noticed where it reports that the O's are cutting gameday staff by about 100... what gives, and could this have any bearing on the Tex negotiations and what our limits are?

It has more to do with operating cost's, which payroll is apart of, but I think it's more of trying to keep operating cost's low in all areas besides payroll, which represents a portion.

There was another thread I noticed where it reports that the O's are cutting gameday staff by about 100... what gives, and could this have any bearing on the Tex negotiations and what our limits are?

Anyone else see Rosenthal's article that the Angels dropped out? Published 4 minutes ago

Archived