Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm...

Yeah, I wonder too. But for some reason I think this would be for real (although, I haven't actually read the report yet).

This only helps the O's chances - if true.

This thing may be coming to a head very soon (or not).:D

I think you are correct. It doesn't look like Boras wants this to go one much longer. The Nats don't expect to win, the Yanks are casually interested and the Angels are out... their offers were around 8/160. I get the impression the Sox offer is very close to the O's in terms of annual salary but extends him another year.

So now we have the media saying

1. The Red Sox saying thanks, no thanks, but maybe we'll talk later over 8/165-170

2. the Yanks are getting into it and willing to go 8/160.

3. The Nationals "Absolutely don't expect to win the Teixeira bidding" at 8/160

4. The Angels have withdrawn their offer of approx. 8/160

5. The Orioles haven't moved from their "flexible" original offer of 7/140-150.

Hmmmm.

I pledge now that if the Yankees somehow land Tex, Im done, Im done with baseball. Its disgusting and unfair. Im fine with swimming in the Ravens Kool-Aid for the rest of my life.

Who is in the Tex running now?

The Red Sux, Yankees and Orioles?

I don't think the Yankees have ever been reported to have made an actual offer and the Nationals are still in it.

So, I would think, it the Red Sox, Nats and O's. Although, the last official word we heard from the Sox was Henry saying they would not be a factor.

we'll see...

I don't think the Yankees have ever been reported to have made an actual offer and the Nationals are still in it.

So, I would think, it the Red Sox, Nats and O's. Although, the last official word we heard from the Sox was Henry saying they would not be a factor.

we'll see...

It leaves the Orioles as the only team that hasn't said they won't get him, can't get him or no longer want him at one point or another.

I wonder if the Angels are dropping out (if they really are) because they feel they have to get into the Manny bidding before he goes to the Yankees and they lose out on both of them.

The Angels re-signed Jaun rivera to a 3 year contract, so they may be out of the Manny bidding.

Archived