Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-teixeira122108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

O's considering 8th year. Red Sox have not talked to Boras since Henry's email.

If adding an 8th year gets it done, get it done.

That's how McPhail should handle it.

"We'll give you an 8th year and the deal has to be done six hours from right now."

I'm still quite certain the Red Sox will receive at least one more phone call from Boras.

Kept my promise to myself and stayed off here most of the weekend. It appears from reading the past two pages that teams are starting to drop out/be cut by Tex. And the Orioles are still standing? Hmmm...not that Belkast needs any defending, but so far, it looks like exactly what he said a week ago.

In the end, I don't care who's right, who's wrong, who said she said he said whatever. All I care is that we are the last team standing when this all ends. Hopefully it will end in the next day or two, as Tex had said he wanted a deal in place by Christmas. I am including Christmas Eve as Christmas, so it looks like Monday or Tuesday may be the end of this thing. Finally. The Final Tex Watch thread is coming soon!

I just became a member very recently, and have been trying to keep up with the Tex updates and conversations...but i am extremely lost right now...i checked back two days ago and it was Tex update V now were at IX...can anyone give me a quick summary (without sarcasm) about what is currently the situation for Tex? Sorry for the inconvenience...much appreciated

No, that is what they offered and then after hearing of his other offers they dropped out (which I don't believe).

My guess is it went down like this:

Henry met with Boras and offered something like 8/170, which may or may not be the limit for the Sox, to which Boras replied "That's a nice offer there, John, but it's already been beaten. You'll have to offer a little more." (which was a bluff, as no one has officially offered more than 8/170)

Henry, calling Boras' bluff, said something like "Oh, well, gee...if someone topped that over I guess we won't be a factor then. I'll just leave that offer on the table if, for some reason, you change you're mind." and to up the ante, he said just that to the national media.

It may just be a matter of beating that 8/170 deal for the Orioles, and I remain cautiously optimistic, but we don't really know how far the Sox are willing to go.

That said, I will say things are looking better and better for Baltimore. I'm confident we'll top the 8/170 offer.

I just became a member very recently, and have been trying to keep up with the Tex updates and conversations...but i am extremely lost right now...i checked back two days ago and it was Tex update V now were at IX...can anyone give me a quick summary (without sarcasm) about what is currently the situation for Tex? Sorry for the inconvenience...much appreciated

He's comming

He's not comming

He's comming

He's going to Boston

Boston dropped out

That leaves at today

O's are hanging around to be Boras' whipping boy until he can find a better offer somewhere else. If he can't send him anyplace else by mid-February, we might just get him.

Meanwhile, we might have an interest in Tim Redding. He's good for at least 6 wins and a 6.50 ERA in the American League.

Caught up?

Boston dropped out last week, but many consider it a bluff.

The Angels dropped out today, and have turned their focus to Manny.

The Nats still APPEAR to have the highest overall offer on the table.

The Orioles appear to have the highest per year offer on the table, but according to the National media, we were never in it.

The Yankees by all team sources are not involved, but the National media keeps speculating they will make a play.

That about sums it up. Tex should make his mind up soon. If we add an 8th year at the same per year amount we have offered now, Tex is ours!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FubnJBgd2wY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FubnJBgd2wY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lets sign him!! We need a new lead singer anyway!!!:D:D:D:D:D

This is totally irrelevant but...

1. Why does Guts have the Dir of Photography Credit? I can see Millar organizing / producing but I can't imagine Jeremy setting up the shots. And,

2. Can we digitally remove Adam Loewen?

Schmuck makes a really good point if in fact the Red Sox are out:

Of course, the Red Sox may not really be out of it and the Yankees could rear their ugly heads at any moment, but if this thing has come down to the Orioles and the Nats, then it also comes down to a choice that could create an image problem for Teixeira. He either goes for the most money and is viewed as another Boras mercenary or goes to the team he rooted for as a kid.

O's are hanging around to be Boras' whipping boy until he can find a better offer somewhere else. If he can't send him anyplace else by mid-February, we might just get him.

Meanwhile, we might have an interest in Tim Redding. He's good for at least 6 wins and a 6.50 ERA in the American League.

Caught up?

Think that was sarcasm? I think yes. I wish Belkast would get on here to give me some happy thoughts.

Archived