Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did we ever pick that guy? :ohlord:

(maybe we thought Cumberland university was close to baltimore:rolleyes: )

I think we mistakenly bought into him being a viable pitcher. He was a great athlete and quite possibly would be in our OF now if we would have done the same thing FSU did to him and told him you are not going to make it has a pitcher. But first round was surely an overdraft.

I admire what Belkast said. I respect him in deciding not to post anymore info. But to totally shut it down is weird. I hope he didnt get in trouble with his source.

If I was in the FO, I'd fire anyone who was leaking to a message board that we were prepared to make a "wow" offer. They're playing a game of chicken here, and it doesn't help that insiders have said we're willing to go much higher.

I completely expect that from anyone in the media that isn't local, and even half the local media I expect it from.

Whatever happens, lots of fans are going to pepper Scott Boras with hate mail because he is likely going to be painted as the bad guy in this scenario.

What makes Scott Boras different from you or me, and what makes him good at this, is he could give a rat's behind whether fans think he's a bad guy.

Send him 1,000,000 letters, and he could care less.

If I was in the FO, I'd fire anyone who was leaking to a message board that we were prepared to make a "wow" offer. They're playing a game of chicken here, and it doesn't help that insiders have said we're willing to go much higher.

I would doubt that Boras is using Orioles Hangout to determine how high the Orioles are willing to go. I've been wrong before though...

I admire what Belkast said. I respect him in deciding not to post anymore info. But to totally shut it down is weird. I hope he didnt get in trouble with his source.

I may be reading too much into it. It could have been a coincidence. When Belkast announced he was not going to post again til after this was over, a couple of posters were ragging on him hard about his track record (or their perception of his track record). Is it possible that he just said t'heck wth this?

What makes Scott Boras different from you or me, and what makes him good at this, is he could give a rat's behind whether fans think he's a bad guy.

Send him 1,000,000 letters, and he could care less.

Oh, absolutely. I'm certainly not going to send him anything mean.

I might actually send him a nice fruitcake for Christmas or something. I'm sure he would benefit from some unsolicited kindness.

I would guess that any info, "leaked," to a message board by an FO insider is done with the blessing of the team. In other words, it's a way to get the message to the fan base and beyond...but mostly to let the paying customers know that they are in this.

I can't believe anyone would risk their jobs with unauthorized leaks to someone who they know is going to relay the info here.

Yup, unless of course you wanted it leaked.

Archived