Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I may be reading too much into it. It could have been a coincidence. When Belkast announced he was not going to post again til after this was over, a couple of posters were ragging on him hard about his track record (or their perception of his track record). Is it possible that he just said t'heck wth this?

I guess I was a tad slow with this post:D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may be reading too much into it. It could have been a coincidence. When Belkast announced he was not going to post again til after this was over, a couple of posters were ragging on him hard about his track record (or their perception of his track record). Is it possible that he just said t'heck wth this?

Belkast realized that people were hanging on his every word, and that it was causing issues on the site... mainly debates over his merits and the merits of those called 'insiders'. He determined it was time to step back and allow the site to settle down. That's exactly what's happened.

I would guess that any info, "leaked," to a message board by an FO insider is done with the blessing of the team. In other words, it's a way to get the message to the fan base and beyond...but mostly to let the paying customers know that they are in this.

I can't believe anyone would risk their jobs with unauthorized leaks to someone who they know is going to relay the info here.

Yeah, that's a good point. Perhaps AM wanted it known to other teams that we're ready to bid once they start going up. He certainly tried to say this when he made his "flexible" comments, although ESPN's know-it-alls apparently never heard it.

I think the Red Sox are banking on Tex wanting to play (1) on the East Coast, and (2) for a winner. They don't think they have to bid really high, and to up their bid to $180+ plus will only result in the Orioles outdoing the bid and in the end costing them more money. Thus they sit and wait for Tex to come to them.

My gut opinion is this, if Tex truly wanted to be a Red Sox, than he would have been one by now. Their meeting in Texas could have easily progressed into a contract between Tex and the Sox...

All signs seem to be pointing in the Orioles direction. I think Boras is trying to milk some more money out of the Orioles. I think the reason AM has not increased the offer is because I feel, and the Orioles as a whole feel, that Tex truly wants to be an Oriole.

AM will not bid against himself, and I think Boras is trying to get him to. AM is too smart, if he felt the Orioles were in danger of losing Tex, then IMO you would have seen some kind of desperation bid so to speak.

And this simply has not happened. I do not want to jinx the sitution, but I think AM is on the verge of outfoxing the fox (Boras). Boras is trying to create more of a market, and AM is not taking the bait.

Think about it, if Tex truly wanted to be a Red Sox, wouldn't he have signed??? They have the money, the tradition, the winning, the rabid fan base....if he wanted to play there, it would have been done by now.

Things are looking good for the Orioles, but I feel this is just merely a staredown between a very patient and highly intelligent GM and an agent who is usually great at creating falsehoods in the market.

So, while we are all glued to the OH even though there is absolutely NOTHING going on, lets play a little game to pass the time.

Name some thread titles of topics after Tex is signed.

1. Mr. Roberts goes to Washington

2. The 2009 Orioles: The Wrath of Zaun

3. Great Scott: Orioles Trade Luke

4. Keeping up with the (Adam) Joneses

It is hard to keep up with everything everyone has been saying. I'm not sure if this has been brought up but where do we start blaming Teix here? He had said a few times that it would be a dream to play for the team he grew up rooting for. I understand that this is his livelyhood and wants to make as much money as possible for him and his family. But if he really wants to come back home and play for Baltimore then why has'nt he made SB, who works for him call the O's and say hey the kid wants to come home and here is the deal it will take.

I have been trying to keep up with this situation for the most part but it is growing old. Teix wants this to be done before Christmas then maybe he should step up and tell SB stop with all the games and lets see the deal i can get and end this thing. I want Teix here just as bad as the next fan but if he is letting SB run him and make all the decisions for him then the O's don't have a chance unless Teix steps up himself and says get me home.

Any thoughts? i am just ready to see where he ends up and for what reasons he decides to go where he does.:confused:

My gut opinion is this, if Tex truly wanted to be a Red Sox, than he would have been one by now. Their meeting in Texas could have easily progressed into a contract between Tex and the Sox...

All signs seem to be pointing in the Orioles direction. I think Boras is trying to milk some more money out of the Orioles. I think the reason AM has not increased the offer is because I feel, and the Orioles as a whole feel, that Tex truly wants to be an Oriole.

AM will not bid against himself, and I think Boras is trying to get him to. AM is too smart, if he felt the Orioles were in danger of losing Tex, then IMO you would have seen some kind of desperation bid so to speak.

And this simply has not happened. I do not want to jinx the sitution, but I think AM is on the verge of outfoxing the fox (Boras). Boras is trying to create more of a market, and AM is not taking the bait.

Think about it, if Tex truly wanted to be a Red Sox, wouldn't he have signed??? They have the money, the tradition, the winning, the rabid fan base....if he wanted to play their, it would have been done by now.

Things are looking good for the Orioles, but I feel this is just merely a staredown between a very patient and highly intelligent GM and an agent who is usually great at creating falsehoods in the market.

Awesome post, I'm feeling the same way you are... however, I still wouldn't count the Red Sox out just yet.

What makes Scott Boras different from you or me, and what makes him good at this, is he could give a rat's behind whether fans think he's a bad guy.

Send him 1,000,000 letters, and he could care less.

I think it would make him very happy actually. I think he would feel like he is doing his job as best he can.

I'll add to this that I think the "coming home" bit has been severely overblown. Yes, he's said it would be a "dream". But, if it were as important as some people like to think/hope, he'd likely have already signed with the O's. The "coming home" idea I'm not buying.

I agree. If he seriously wanted to be an Oriole, Boras could call McPhail/Angelos right now and figure out what numbers get that done.

I just think Boras and the Red Sox are playing chicken.

Buck thinks the Mystery team is the Yankees...

Also..

"Nat's and Orioles can both win within the 8 year contract of Mark T, so why is it so important to go to a winner right now?"

We need to get Olney and Buck together!

Buck should be saying good things about us!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Archived