I feel like we dodged a bullet today

Frobby

After Bradish only lasted 1.2 innings yesterday, I had a lot of trepidation about how we’d get through the doubleheader today.  But even though our starters only lasted 4.1 and 3.2 innings, we got excellent work from our bulllpen, which allowed only 2 runs in 10 innings covered today.   

Tomorrow may be a challenge after we used a lot of our bullpen guys today.  Hopefully we can get some length out of whoever starts.  

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

After Bradish only lasted 1.2 innings yesterday, I had a lot of trepidation about how we’d get through the doubleheader today.  But even though our starters only lasted 4.1 and 3.2 innings, we got excellent work from our bulllpen, which allowed only 2 runs in 10 innings covered today.   

Tomorrow may be a challenge after we used a lot of our bullpen guys today.  Hopefully we can get some length out of whoever starts.  

The bullpen got walloped the last two days, and no off days until a week from Monday. Going to need someone in the starting rotation to go deep. 

With our best SP going today, there's hope that we'll only need 2 or 3 relievers rather than 3 to 5. But (a) it's Fenway with Bogaerts and J. D. Martinez returning to the lineup after being rested in the 2nd game of yesterday's doubleheader and (b) the last time Hyde tried to stretch Zimm an inning longer (into the 7th) to rest the bullpen it backfired: he gave up his 4th homer of the game and we eventually lost in extra innings.

Here's hoping he can come closer to Eovaldi's complete game yesterday. It would be a step toward establishing Zimmerman as the rotation's ace, although it sure would be nice to have Means healthy and acing it.