Thursday afternoon June 16: O's face Gausman for the first time ever, go for split of series

SteveA

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I see they got you too. Why wouldn't they just show today's game on MASN1 instead of last night's replay. It's mind boggling. 

Because they try to keep each series unless there is a stand alone game on same Network. 

They usually show a replay of previous day’s game in afternoon. That said I would have ditched that policy today. Why watch a replay of a previous game with a live game on?

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I wonder if there are some cable systems that just get MASN so they have to do that so that those people get both teams?

I can tell they usually TRY to put the team playing the "bigger game" on MASN.   This week Washington is playing Atlanta, a division rival at home, we are playing Toronto, a division rival, on the road.   Close call but they went with the Nats, I think because they are at home.

Almost all of our Yankee and Red Sox games are on MASN, while almost all of the Nats Atl/Phi/NYM games are on MASN.   You can usually guess which one will be on MASN and be right.   Division rivals is the biggest factor, then home/road, then quality of opponent.   If one team is on the west coast they will almost always be on MASN2.

I’ve stayed at hotels in Baltimore before with no MASN. And these are nice hotels. 

One time in Ocean City the place only had MASN, no MASN 2. 

I do know they have both teams on the channels an equal amount. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Because they try to keep each series unless there is a stand alone game on same Network. 

They usually show a replay of previous day’s game in afternoon. That said I would have ditched that policy today. Why watch a replay of a previous game with a live game on?

I could have sworn when I watched MASN in the past if the Orioles had a day game, it would be on MASN1 if there was no Nationals game playing at the same time during a MASN2 week. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’ve stayed at hotels in Baltimore before with no MASN. And these are nice hotels. 

One time in Ocean City the place only had MASN, no MASN 2. 

I do know they have both teams on the channels an equal amount. 

Dish Network dropped all regional sports networks a year or two ago so if a hotel has DISH they won't get MASN.   There are a few minor cable systems (Spectrum?) that don't have MASN even in the O's/Nats footprint.   

Otherwise, DirectTV and pretty much every major cable provider in the area should have MASN.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I could have sworn when I watched MASN in the past if the Orioles had a day game, it would be on MASN1 if there was no Nationals game playing at the same time during a MASN2 week. 

Maybe if the Nats were off completely.   But tonight the Nats play at 7, and the pregame show is at 6:30.   They couldn't be sure that this game would be over by 6:30 I guess.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe if it’s 1pm. 3pm is too close to 7. 

18 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I don't care what Mateo does at the plate, his defense is a weapon.  There will be enough offense in this lineup when everyone is here.  The defense up the middle will preserve wins. 

His defense has been so good, that he actually has a positive WAR....but his hitting has been really really atrocious 

17 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I wonder if there are some cable systems that just get MASN so they have to do that so that those people get both teams?

I can tell they usually TRY to put the team playing the "bigger game" on MASN.   This week Washington is playing Atlanta, a division rival at home, we are playing Toronto, a division rival, on the road.   Close call but they went with the Nats, I think because they are at home.

Almost all of our Yankee and Red Sox games are on MASN, while almost all of the Nats Atl/Phi/NYM games are on MASN.   You can usually guess which one will be on MASN and be right.   Division rivals is the biggest factor, then home/road, then quality of opponent.   If one team is on the west coast they will almost always be on MASN2.

Or...they could just have one team on MASN 1 and the other team on MASN 2.  And just leave it that way.