Brandon Hyde- Manager of the Future?

joelala

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Probably a 6 man rotation in Sept.

Hall is the one that gets shut down at 100 IP between the minors and majors.

While Hall will most logically get shut down, Who has done a "real" 6 man rotation? I am not counting TB using starters.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think Holt and Hyde will watch Wells closely for signs of overuse but I don't think they shut Wells down unless they see some overuse.   They will get him extra days rest.   He could get 130 IP if he continues to look strong.  Averaging 5 IP per start. Probably a 6 man rotation in Sept.

Hall is the one that gets shut down at 100 IP between the minors and majors.

JMO

It's been a while since the O's had 5 starters.  So after Wells is shut down for the year, the O's are going to find 4th, 5th and 6th starters?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice pull!!. It runs against the prevailing practice, but with all the AAAA guys who have been on the doorstep these last 2 years, it makes sense to at least try and keep this season's "Why not" vibe going, at least to me. Peace out.  

15 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

So after Wells is shut down for the year, the O's are going to find 4th, 5th and 6th starters?

I think he has shown he can go about 5 innings for about half a year, to get thru this year IMHO, they will begin limiting him to 3-4 innings and pair him with an Atkins-like tandem to get thru 6-7.