Sunday, July 10: Orioles play at noon on Peacock TV, trying for longest win streak since '05

SteveA

Just now, dtk9119 said:

24 pitches for Suarez thru 3... offense is ice cold right now

Their starters have handled us pretty well this series, but we've had lots of fun vs their bullpen.  

Suarez has averaged under 4 innings a start this year.

31 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Interviewing players while they’re on the field is still strange to me but it is very entertaining at the same time.

Mouncastle breathing heavy after covering first on a groundout- “5 yard jog and I’m gassed” 

Not a fan really of the practice, as it takes a player's mind out of the game, but I agree, very entertaining. And Mountcastle (or MountCasual as I call him) was exactly how I thought he'd be judging from his body language in the dugout all year.  It's a 3-way tie for my favorite Oriole with him, Hays and Rutschman. 

And as my wife said, "he was out of breath as he was doing all that talking." 

Also, the TV image does not seem as crisp as my usual MLB-TV feed on my Mac-Mini using Safari (I run it into my HDTV). 

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Are you listening on the radio? The guys on the Peacock broadcast are good. Ben Macdonald is one of them. 

Yep.   I don't get Peacock+.

The first Peacock broadcast was also shown on NBC so I watched some of it.   They had a Peacock announcer, and then one guy who is an expert on each team, so I guess Ben is in that role for the O's.   Who is their Angel broadcaster?

I like that concept for a national TV broadcast.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

The first Peacock broadcast was also shown on NBC so I watched some of it.   They had a Peacock announcer, and then one guy who is an expert on each team, so I guess Ben is in that role for the O's.   Who is their Angel broadcaster?

Mark Gubicza, they are doing a nice job with it.

I didn’t realize I had Peacock until I saw that it was free for all xfinity customers. 

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Mark Gubaza for Angels 

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Seems they used to do that on NBC for the World Series in the late 60s and early 70s. It would be Curt Gowdy with Bill O'Donnell (O's) and Lindsey Nelson (Mets) in the '69 Series, for example. 

• Upvote 1