Bautista hurt his hand, probably not available today

SteveA

I've had a few mishaps with therabands, though none of them affected my ability to get ML batters out.

But the Bautista injury sounds avoidable. Does a band hooked to a fence represent state-of-the-art training equipment for pitchers to warm up? Or is this a case of the Orioles being penny wise, pound foolish, or perhaps Bautista unwisely devising his own routine? Serious question. 

52 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I've had a few mishaps with therabands, though none of them affected my ability to get ML batters out.

But the Bautista injury sounds avoidable. Does a band hooked to a fence represent state-of-the-art training equipment for pitchers to warm up? Or is this a case of the Orioles being penny wise, pound foolish, or perhaps Bautista unwisely devising his own routine? Serious question. 

Every team in MLB uses the bands. It is the most widely used item, by far. Kids throw harder today because of bands, weighted balls and long toss. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

Sometimes accidents happen, and nobody needs to be blamed.

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

At least he didn't burn his foot trying to cook bacon on his George Foreman grill

I know someone who used to keep one of those by their bed so they could have bacon every morning without getting out of bed. Imagine what kind of injuries you'd get there. A lap (or worse) full of hot grease.