Thursday afternoon, July 28: homestand ends with Mo Gaba Day vs Rays

SteveA

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

We have an all RH lineup vs a lefty pitcher who in his career has allowed an .650 OPS to RH batters and .565 OPS to LH batters, and whose splits this year are incredibly extreme:  .958 OPS to RH, .556 OPS to LH.

Yeah, quite a relief to have Nevin  in there for his RHB as opposed to Vavra. Because they need to keep giving prospects, like Nevin,  a chance to see what they have. Wait, is Nevin the prospect or Vavra? Why bring him up? Today was the perfect opportunity to give him his debut. And pretty sure that Rutschman guy is a switch hitter.

Ok, I’m being snarky, but Nevin is not a future ML player.

Edited by Il BuonO
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DEOriolesfan said:

This is my issue with Brandon Hyde. The lineups during the past 2 day games (Sunday against NYY & today) are terrible. 

I understand giving Mullins a day off  but why today? I understand Ruschman not playing after a night game, but you simply cannot have Nevin, McKenna, and Chirinos in the lineup at the same time. Inexcusable.

McKenna's OPS is not that far off Mullins.  I'm conditioned to see McKenna's name and think another of the sub OPS guys.  His OPS is .655.  Mullins OPS is .709.  Obviously Mullins defense is an advantage over McKenna too.  I'm upset every time I don't see Adley in the lineup.  I know catchers need days off, but I already think of him as the O's best hitter.