Have We Reached Our High Water Mark?

WarehouseChatter

The next couple of days will answer that. I'm inclined to believe what we have hit it w/the 10 games over. I'd be satisfied w/.500  the rest of the year, particularly w/the schedule we face. However, a complete fold w/show hat the team has a lot longer way to go than we hoped. I hope that isn't the case.                   

6 hours ago, bpilktree said:

We basically had to pitch a minor league starter and then had to rush a spot starter followed by another minor league starter.   The pitching has been good but they still lack depth.  

Didn't have to. It's been clear for weeks that this would be an important double-header and series, and Hyde could have deployed his starters so that he'd have a "real" starter scheduled for each game against the Jays, even if that would have entailed a spot start or a bullpen game against Oakland. Losing Lyles for the second game was unavoidable. Starting Baumann in the first was not.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Didn't have to. It's been clear for weeks that this would be an important double-header and series, and Hyde could have deployed his starters so that he'd have a "real" starter scheduled for each game against the Jays, even if that would have entailed a spot start or a bullpen game against Oakland. Losing Lyles for the second game was unavoidable. Starting Baumann in the first was not.

1000% agree with this take. I mentioned it yesterday. TOR went w/ a BP game vs a crappy PIT team on Sat which allowed them to have 2 regular starters available for DH yesterday. We could have deployed same plan vs A's. This was a major brain fart by Hyde and staff which likely cost us at least 1 game yesterday.

In addition I'm still pissed at him for his stupid line up construction by playing Chirinos 2/3 days vs the A's when he knew Adley would be sitting one game of DH yesterday and with an off day coming Thursday. Also, starting Aguilar vs a RHP yesterday.. and not PH Stowers for Aguliar in the 7th.. on and on and on.. it has been a miserable 48 hrs for all involved.