Wells starting tonight

eddie83

32 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

I hear what everyone is saying. We will have to agree to disagree. 

My view is that Kremer had little to no momentum in that game. He pitched OK but hardly was at his best.

Why mess with success? Why ask a young pitcher, who is finding his way in the league, to suddenly change his routine? What advantage does it provide the team in a critical game against one of the best hitting teams in baseball?

If it had been Lyles, I would not have batted an eye. But Kremer has had recent success and was in a groove. Had he started and gone through that lineup without any trouble in the first 3 innings he might have given the O's 6-7 innings without a run. As it was, he pitched ok. But we needed better than ok and I think he had to overcome something that was unnecessary. That's all I'm saying. 

No offense but this sounds like a concept based around the idea that you thought it was a mistake to begin with and no matter what facts are presented to you, you will ignore them.

It worked out fine.  Defense let them down or else they give up 1 or 2 fewer runs.  They weren’t perfect but they also aren’t that great to begin with.  The performance they put up was more than enough to win.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No offense but this sounds like a concept based around the idea that you thought it was a mistake to begin with and no matter what facts are presented to you, you will ignore them.

It worked out fine.  Defense let them down or else they give up 1 or 2 fewer runs.  They weren’t perfect but they also aren’t that great to begin with.  The performance they put up was more than enough to win.

Appreciate the input. Don't mean to be whiney or inflexible. Your point is made. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think you are being whiney at all.

Thanks, I was accused of "just complaining to complain." That's not my style and certainly not my intention. I try to value most folks opinions on the board and speak mine when I think it might contribute to the discussion. it's a message board, I get it. 

Appreciate the feedback, it's all good.

Kremer looked great his first inning and that usually when a pitcher not used to coming in mid game has his problems.  See Povich in AA the other night.   A starter warms up one way.   A reliever tends to get ready a little differently.   Don't ask me why.   Maybe it's mental but I think the routine is a little different.

Kremer had everything working in the beginning.   Saw some great changeups to RH hitters, got Jackie Bradley on a great low curve, cutter looked good.   Sometimes you are on top of the world one inning and the grounders find holes the next inning.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1