Wednesday September 21: Orioles try to avoid season sweep by Tigers

SteveA

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He's looked pretty awful in the field to me.   Eye test, don't know what the stats say although his sample size is still pretty small so they probably don't mean much yet.

He's had one play where it was a 60% chance that an outfielder should have caught the ball that he missed. Other than that, the next highest was 45%, one 40%, one 35% at the wall. 

His jump numbers have not been good, and he's not extremely fast, but calling him awful is an over statement to me. 

Can you tell me the plays where he's looked awful?

3 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Cause clearly these guys (Vavra, Stowers) didn't give us the best chance to win (or whatever Hyde said).

I don’t think they like Vavra’s glove. 

Stowers glove has issues as well. 

That said Hyde did discuss it some here. 
https://www.masnsports.com/blog/hyde-hoping-to-be-left-with-right-decisions-while-writing-out-lineups

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's had one play where it was a 60% chance that an outfielder should have caught the ball that he missed. Other than that, the next highest was 45%, one 40%, one 35% at the wall. 

His jump numbers have not been good, and he's not extremely fast, but calling him awful is an over statement to me. 

Can you tell me the plays where he's looked awful?

DC last week. Dive and missed it by a mile. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t think they like Vavra’s glove. 

Stowers glove has issues as well. 

That said Hyde did discuss it some here. 
https://www.masnsports.com/blog/hyde-hoping-to-be-left-with-right-decisions-while-writing-out-lineups

I don't like Odor's bat.  And why would you not play Stowers more regularly if you're going bring him up?