Norby vs. Westburg — who wins the O’s MiL HR crown?

Frobby

Jordan Westburg and Connor Norby are in a flat-footed tie for the MiL organizational lead in homers, with 27 each.  Who ya got?

In both cases, I’ve been surprised how many homers they’ve produced.  Westburg had 15 last year in 112 games; Norby had 3 in 33 games.  The O’s have proven quite adept at working with hitters to produce more power while maintaining OBP skills.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Norby seems just a tad more dialed in right now. Norby. 

Norby is on a tear, but his promotion and hot streak have seemed to fire up Westburg too. That or it could be that most good pitchers who were in AAA are now in the big leagues at this point in the season and there are easy pickin's out there, but I'll stick with a Maris/Mantle rivalry narrative.

Oh and I'll got with Norby, too as my pick. 

55 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Norby is on a tear, but his promotion and hot streak have seemed to fire up Westburg too. That or it could be that most good pitchers who were in AAA are now in the big leagues at this point in the season and there are easy pickin's out there, but I'll stick with a Maris/Mantle rivalry narrative.

Oh and I'll got with Norby, too as my pick. 

Taj Bradley is not easy pickings.  He started for Durham the other night.  I'm not sure if Westburg touched him up for his homer or not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Norby’s swing is more compact and repeatable. The power is real and he is putting pretty simple swings on the ball and getting crazy carry.  I’m on the Norby bandwagon.  

I agree but Westburg's swing is pretty direct also.  Norby does seem to have a little shorter stroke though and gets amazing power and carry on the ball.