Friday, Sept 23: O's face Astros again

SteveA

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So the Rays and Mariners have the tiebreak against us and Toronto doesn't, so we are effectively 5 back in the loss column to all 3 teams.

Makes it pretty simple... To make the playoffs one of those 3 teams has to lose 5 more games than we do in the next 13 days.

Toronto loses two next week and then we sweep them.  Easy.  

• Upvote 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So the Rays and Mariners have the tiebreak against us and Toronto doesn't, so we are effectively 5 back in the loss column to all 3 teams.

Makes it pretty simple... To make the playoffs one of those 3 teams has to lose 5 more games than we do in the next 13 days.

I took seven semesters of college math courses. Why does baseball math make my head hurt?

Dont even get me started on the +220 for the over and -380 for the under on Judge hitting 0.5 HR tonite. 

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

BAL 11-2  (89)           TOR/TB   5-7      SEA  6-7

BAL 10-3 (88)           TOR/TB  4-8      SEA  5-8

BAL  9-4 (87)            TOR/TB 3-9      SEA 4-9

BAL 8-5 (86)             TOR/TB 2-10    SEA 3-10