Who will be the Orioles 2022 #5 and #6 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who will be the Orioles 2022 #5 and #6 prospects?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Orioles 2022 #5 and #6 prospects?

• #5 Basallo and #6 Mayo
    • #5 Hall and #6 Mayo
    • #5 Mayo and #6 Westburg
    • #5 Mayo and #6 Hall
    • #5 Westburg and #6 Basallo

39 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

.274/.371/.489 - minors

.285/.385/.446 - college

Maybe streaky, but he carries a solid BA and OBP.  And he's getting into his power more as he's grown.  Floor seems to be solidifying even if he has to move to 2B (or 1B).  Honestly, I'm generally down on Westburg.  And if he's in the 10-12+ range, it just speaks to the depth of the org.  He'd be a top 3-5ish guy in bygone years!  

He still may be.. ;)

Amongst the stupid arguing in the other thread, RZ made a good point (shockingly) that he would be surprised to see Westburg over Mayo.  I hadn’t really thought about that but I agree With that.

However, if that’s not the case and Mayo is 4, that means Basallo is this high (which btw im personally good with) and that one of Westburg or Hall is outside the top 10, 2 guys who are top 100 prospects by a lot of people.

But then that means Tony Kjerstad and Norby over both of them and that would also be surprising to me.

Either way, the results here are going to surprise me in some way. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Amongst the stupid arguing in the other thread, RZ made a good point (shockingly) that he would be surprised to see Westburg over Mayo.  I hadn’t really thought about that but I agree With that.

However, if that’s not the case and Mayo is 4, that means Basallo is this high (which btw im personally good with) and that one of Westburg or Hall is outside the top 10, 2 guys who are top 100 prospects by a lot of people.

But then that means Tony Kjerstad and Norby over both of them and that would also be surprising to me.

Either way, the results here are going to surprise me in some way. 

Agreed. I think of the options outside of the top-10 should Basallo be the surprise here is Hall. The drop would be because he has essentially clinched himself as a reliever rather than a starter in Tony's mind and I think that is possible. I think the Orioles are still going to push for him as a starter, but I do think it's possible (and likely even) he's solidified himself as a reliever by the end of 2023. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

People have incredibly short memories.  Tony literally said this on Monday:

In other words, forget the idea that Basallo is somehow in the top 10.   I can’t believe anyone fell for those options in the last poll even after Tony wrote this.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

People have incredibly short memories.  Tony literally said this on Monday:

In other words, forget the idea that Basallo is somehow in the top 10.   I can’t believe anyone fell for those options in the last poll even after Tony wrote this.  

I didn’t forget it..but even if Basallo isn’t top 10, that means Westburg is over Mayo and that surprises me as well.

The context of the whole post matters, not just the paragraph you quoted.

Edited by Sports Guy

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I didn’t forget it..but even if Basallo isn’t top 10, that means Westburg is over Mayo and that surprises me as well.

One of the options is Mayo #5 and Westburg #6.   

31 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Believe it or not, it’s not all about you.  You already said who you voted for, and it wasn’t Basallo.   But your post I quoted did suggest Basallo was still a possibility, and he really isn’t, given what Tony said.  Yet, 15% of the people responding to the poll picked an option that included Basallo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Believe it or not, it’s not all about you.  You already said who you voted for, and it wasn’t Basallo.   But your post I quoted did suggest Basallo was still a possibility, and he really isn’t, given what Tony said.  Yet, 15% of the people responding to the poll picked an option that included Basallo.

Well then don’t quote me if it’s not about me.  You could have made this point without quoting me.  How am I supposed to know that you quote me but aren’t talking to or about me?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well then don’t quote me if it’s not about me.  You could have made this point without quoting me.  How am I supposed to know that you quote me but aren’t talking to or about me?  

Do you think Basallo has any chance of being anywhere in the top 6?

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s just the latest of several posts in the thread that mentions Basallo without dismissing that possibility.  There’s lots of times where I look through a thread and several people mention a point but I only respond to the most recent post.  It’s not personal to you.  Sorry if I conveyed that impression.  

I figure Basallo will land somewhere in the 11-15 range, but it’s tough to guess exactly where.  

Just now, Frobby said:

It’s just the latest of several posts in the thread that mentions Basallo without dismissing that possibility.  There’s lots of times where I look through a thread and several people mention a point but I only respond to the most recent post.  It’s not personal to you.  Sorry if I conveyed that impression.  

I figure Basallo will land somewhere in the 11-15 range, but it’s tough to guess exactly where.  

I mean I don’t care that you quoted me..but then you jump on me for commenting by telling me it’s not about me yet you quote me.  So what else am I supposed to think?

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea but then Hall is 4, which would surprise me as well.

As I said, any result in this ranking will cause some level of surprise for me.

Hall finished his ML time pretty strong even with his wonky BB%.  <18% HH% in his SSS MLB experience.  He's still got the live arm and would be a killer BP piece (in a game that values BP more and more) even if he doesn't stick as an SP.  I think his floor has risen with no changes in his ceiling.

• Upvote 1