Orioles will have 3 games on Peacock this year

Going Underground

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

For those who complain about MASN not having a standalone streaming option, or about MLB pushing a few O’s games onto Apple and Peacock: did you know that the Yankees sold the exclusive rights to 20 of their games to Amazon Prime?   https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03/29/yankees-amazon-prime-20-regular-season-games

That’s pretty awful.

I think if I had a billion dollars, I wouldn’t use it for philanthropic purposes or buy a share of the Orioles. No, I would use it to buy rights to all the Yankees broadcasts and spread them over 162 different streaming platforms, just to make life misery for their fans. “Telemundo+? C-SPAN Premium? What the hell?” 

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think there is a better term than "angry" to describe some of the O's. Anger seldom results in anything positive. Now, playing with attitude is another thing. GH is certainly the "King" of attitude on this team, no one is going to beat him. I believe there are several position players that show attitude in different ways. Pitchers?? SP throw 90 or so pitches. They can't afford to display emotions or they would be worn out much earlier. They also can't afford to have the "deer in the headlights" look. Of the O's starters, I believe CP is in that world at present. It's mainly an experience and growth thing.  GR, IMO, has approved significantly in that department over the last year. 
    • On close examination of Kjerstad today (July 7), I hope he is not part of any trade package. This kid is a bull, with power potential that is off the charts.  He runs surprisingly well and that throw to the plate from left was very impressive, if a bit high. I can see him planted in left field for a long time, perhaps in a platoon with Hays the rest of the year, but eventually full time if he proves able to hit southpaws.
    • I like this idea better, but I am curious to what it would take to secure Mason Miller.
    • I totally get it.  It’s a huge risk vs. reward situation, but getting someone like him (if he’s still strong) or Skubal could make a major difference come October for you guys over the next three seasons.
    • IMHO it's not about whether Crochet is an "opener" or a reliever, it's the innings.  He's never thrown more than 65 innings (at college in 2019) in his entire college or pro career and stands at 105.1 today.  Let that sink in.  On top of that, there is Crochet's TJ surgery, where he missed all of 2022 and had multiple stints on the IL in 2023 as he was recovering, tossing a total of 25 IP. Does any of this mean he cannot throw double (130 IP) or triple (195 IP) his prior max?  No one can say for certain, but I'd think any reasonable person would agree that, at the very least, it's a far riskier proposition for someone like Crochet than a pitcher who has been a starter and has thrown 150+ IP before.  So, to recap: The most innings he's ever thrown was 65 IP in college (2019) After throwing 54 innings of relief for the White Sox in 2021, he missed all of 2022 with Tommy John surgery He followed up in 2023 by throwing a total of 25 innings of relief, as he dealt with a couple of IL stints recovering from TJ His first ever pro start came this season and he's been dynamite through 105.1 IP Elias and Sig are well aware of the risks and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    • Gunnar doing a good job of hitting the ball to all fields.
    • Tell me the cost and I would probably sign up. What about you Qauntrill, Scherzer and Yates and you got to keep all top 4 prospects?
  • Popular Contributors