ACC Thread

YardBirds13

Figured we might as well just have one of these to talk in throughout the season.

I knew this was gonna happen to my Hoos tonight, but very disappointing that on the national stage Sylven has completely disappeared. I hope people watching aren't seeing him for the first time, because he is so much better than this.

By the way, Mike Scott is my homeboy. Love that guy.

So much for 0-3 bean, you guys were on target tonight.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Mick, Landesberg was pretty awful tonight. Hopefully he was just nervous on that stage. He'll be fine from here I hope.

Good win for the Heels, Lawson was terrific, 0 turnovers. Much needed.

Lawson was definitely a different player last night. He looked "interested" on both ends of the floor, and his 3 pt. shooting was on target also. When he's hitting on all cylinders, I don't know of a PG who can stop him. That was the best I've seen him play since he ran Mich St into the ground.

Sorry Mick, Landesberg was pretty awful tonight. Hopefully he was just nervous on that stage. He'll be fine from here I hope.

Good win for the Heels, Lawson was terrific, 0 turnovers. Much needed.

Yeah, can't argue with you man. He just seemed lost. He is usually terrific at getting to the basket and getting to the free throw line, but he couldn't do either last night.

Not that I'm worried about him at all, just disappointed that on his biggest stage so far he played his worst game of his career.

What did you think of Scott? He is a pretty well balanced PF and a really solid offensive rebounder. I really like him. Considering we have him who is a Soph., Zeglinski (who should turn into a average ACC PG) and Landesberg who are Freshmen, that is a pretty decent core to build around. Jones and Farrakhan are pretty good shooters when they are open (Farrakhan went nuts jacking up shots tonight, usually he is a nice shooter off the bench). They are both only sophomores as well. Assane Sene, the big man, is also a Freshmen, and is a pretty solid defensive player already. Once he adds some bulk he could be a nice guy to have as well.

Throw in Tristan Spurlock, who is supposed to be a pretty good recruit next year, and it looks to me like Leitao has something in the makings down there. Obviously this year will be rough, but next year and especially the following year should be much, much better for this team.

There are 4 teams in the conference that are good...MD, VT and Miami will battle for the other spot.

I said the over/under in terms of NCAA tourney teams was 5.5 when the year started and that I would take the under...I still feel that way.

Well, I agree with the 4 teams at the top of the conference. UNC, Duke, Wake, and Clemson are pretty obviously the Top 4 in the league.

I think the conference is pretty evenly split into 3 tiers:

Top Tier (NCAA Locks):

UNC, Duke, Wake, Clemson

Middle Tier: (NCAA Bubble Teams):

Miami, Florida State (who you didn't include), Maryland, VT, and BC (who you also didn't include, I'm putting them here because the win at UNC keeps them in the conversation for a while longer)

Bottom Tier (NO Shot at NCAA's):

UVa, Georgia Tech, NC State

Well, I agree with the 4 teams at the top of the conference. UNC, Duke, Wake, and Clemson are pretty obviously the Top 4 in the league.

I think the conference is pretty evenly split into 3 tiers:

Top Tier (NCAA Locks):

UNC, Duke, Wake, Clemson

Middle Tier: (NCAA Bubble Teams):

Miami, Florida State (who you didn't include), Maryland, VT, and BC (who you also didn't include, I'm putting them here because the win at UNC keeps them in the conversation for a while longer)

Bottom Tier (NO Shot at NCAA's):

UVa, Georgia Tech, NC State

To me, GT is the most dangerous team amongst the lower tier guys.

They have a ton of talent..Their free throw shooting and TO's are killing them but they are extremely dangerous and I bet they are going to make some noise in the league in the second half and in the ACC tourney.

If Lawal comes back next year, which I doubt he will, they could be one of the best teams in the conference.

So, after struggling in the first half, Duke runs away from State.

The two other games:

BC goes on the road and squeaks out an OT win against GT. Huge win for BC. Rice was incredible down the stretch for the Eagles, they really needed to get this one after struggling since beating Carolina. They get NC State at home this weekend, another game they really need to get before a huge showdown bubble-team type game at Maryland a week from tonight.

Speaking of the Terps, they hang on to a game they also really needed at home against UVA. Two tough road losses at Miami and FSU this weekend, it really would have been an early dagger for the Terps to lose at home to one of the bottom feeders in the league, but they gutted out a win. Obviously huuuuge game for them this weekend at Duke. If they can win that, they are on their way towards dancing. However, no biggie if they lose. Big game for them next Tuesday at home against BC. Having already lost to the other two bubble ACC teams theyve played (albeit on the road), they need to take care of business against BC at home next week.

Big game at the top of the league tomorrow night, Clemson at the Heels. Is this the year Clemson finally wins in Chapel Hill? I'm saying no.

Also, big bubble team game as FSU goes to Miami. I think the team that wins this game has the inside track to being the 5th tourney team (although I still think the ACC gets 7).

Huge chance for VT to throw their name in the ring as well, with a trip to Wake.

So, after struggling in the first half, Duke runs away from State.

The two other games:

BC goes on the road and squeaks out an OT win against GT. Huge win for BC. Rice was incredible down the stretch for the Eagles, they really needed to get this one after struggling since beating Carolina. They get NC State at home this weekend, another game they really need to get before a huge showdown bubble-team type game at Maryland a week from tonight.

Speaking of the Terps, they hang on to a game they also really needed at home against UVA. Two tough road losses at Miami and FSU this weekend, it really would have been an early dagger for the Terps to lose at home to one of the bottom feeders in the league, but they gutted out a win. Obviously huuuuge game for them this weekend at Duke. If they can win that, they are on their way towards dancing. However, no biggie if they lose. Big game for them next Tuesday at home against BC. Having already lost to the other two bubble ACC teams theyve played (albeit on the road), they need to take care of business against BC at home next week.

Big game at the top of the league tomorrow night, Clemson at the Heels. Is this the year Clemson finally wins in Chapel Hill? I'm saying no.

Also, big bubble team game as FSU goes to Miami. I think the team that wins this game has the inside track to being the 5th tourney team (although I still think the ACC gets 7).

Huge chance for VT to throw their name in the ring as well, with a trip to Wake.

No.

Wasn't able to watch anything tonight due to my unhealthy man crush on our new President, but back to normal tomorrow.

No.

Wasn't able to watch anything tonight due to my unhealthy man crush on our new President, but back to normal tomorrow.

Unlike your other man-crush (Jeets) we share this man crush.

I however, took about 3 hours to watch the two ACC games that were on. Shows what kind of ACC fan you are.....ahhh

Disappointed UVa didn't pull out the win, but Mike Scott continues to impress.

Anything happen at the balls tonight that I missed because I wanted to watch Tyrese Rice single handedly win another game for BC and Sylven disappear for the second straight game?

Unlike your other man-crush (Jeets) we share this man crush.

I however, took about 3 hours to watch the two ACC games that were on. Shows what kind of ACC fan you are.....ahhh

Disappointed UVa didn't pull out the win, but Mike Scott continues to impress.

Anything happen at the balls tonight that I missed because I wanted to watch Tyrese Rice single handedly win another game for BC and Sylven disappear for the second straight game?

Glad we agree!

Yeah, I checked the scores on ESPN.com, but never changed the channel from CNN/MSNBC all day. I took off work and everything.

The balls were uneventful, but I was sucked in. I went to the Clinton MTV one back in '93, but I'm too old for that now.

Did anyone catch the Duke/NC State game last night? I was kinda bowled over by how good Henderson looked. Last season, I think I got him and Nelson mixed up - cuz I didn't remember Henderson being that good. I guess he was playing mostly forward - because Scheyer plays shooting guard, but am I right in saying that he's the best pro prospect Duke has had in years - better than Riddick and The Landlord?

Did anyone catch the Duke/NC State game last night? I was kinda bowled over by how good Henderson looked. Last season, I think I got him and Nelson mixed up - cuz I didn't remember Henderson being that good. I guess he was playing mostly forward - because Scheyer plays shooting guard, but am I right in saying that he's the best pro prospect Duke has had in years - better than Riddick and The Landlord?

Henderson is looked at as a top 20ish pick.

He is becoming a star right now...Always shown the potential but now he is living up to it.

More importantly, he is starting to assert himself, which is what has always stopped him.

Right now, not many teams in the country have a better 2 some than Singler and Henderson.

Henderson is looked at as a top 20ish pick.

He is becoming a star right now...Always shown the potential but now he is living up to it.

More importantly, he is starting to assert himself, which is what has always stopped him.

Right now, not many teams in the country have a better 2 some than Singler and Henderson.

I never focused on him when watching Duke before, but I have to agree - the Henderson I saw last night has star quality. Is he a legit 6'5?

It'll be interesting to see in the MD game whether or not he's matched up against Vasquez. I'd think they would be. But Zoubec is probably going to have a career game.

I never focused on him when watching Duke before, but I have to agree - the Henderson I saw last night has star quality. Is he a legit 6'5?

It'll be interesting to see in the MD game whether or not he's matched up against Vasquez. I'd think they would be. But Zoubec is probably going to have a career game.

He is 6'4-6'5...The thing about him is that he plays like he is 6'7 because of his leaping ability.

Archived