Tuesday, April 11: Gas Can T-Shirt Night, O's vs A's

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

No way NorCal can't support two MLB teams. 

I live in the Bay Area. The Giants play in a nice stadium in a nice area of SF with a lot of restaurants and bars around. The A's play like 10 miles away in an ancient stadium surrounded by parking lots. I go to Oakland because the O's come around, but there aren't a ton of dedicated A's fans left and it's a tough sell for the general experience.

1 minute ago, SilverRocket said:

I live in the Bay Area. The Giants play in a nice stadium in a nice area of SF with a lot of restaurants and bars around. The A's play like 10 miles away in an ancient stadium surrounded by parking lots. I go to Oakland because the O's come around, but there aren't a ton of dedicated A's fans left and it's a tough sell for the general experience.

Do you think the A's can prosper if they get a Stadium or has that ship sailed?  Are they really destined for Vegas?

40 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Do you think the A's can prosper if they get a Stadium or has that ship sailed?  Are they really destined for Vegas?

Oakland is a relatively rich city in a very rich area, with tons of cool neighborhoods. It could support a team easily. 

The tax paying citizens of Oakland don’t want to fund a tax stadium for a multi multi millionaire owner who has treated them like crap. Somebody will probably give him a stadium though 

17 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Oakland is a relatively rich city in a very rich area, with tons of cool neighborhoods. It could support a team easily. 

The tax paying citizens of Oakland don’t want to fund a tax stadium for a multi multi millionaire owner who has treated them like crap. Somebody will probably give him a stadium though 

Guess if they wanted to make a huge Starbucks they could get the tax payer money for it.   Baseball is a No?   Even when 96% of cities/states  go ahead and front the dough.  

3 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

Can you expand on this? I didn’t really get to see him pitch much in the minors just followed the headlines. Did he have a lot more command previously or better use of secondary’s? Haven’t seen anyone post about it and would like to know a little more of what we can expect if he gets it back. 

His best pitch was an off the table changeup and he could locate it perfectly. In his spring, in his start in Norfolk and in the two here , Grayson has yet to demonthe still has this as effective as it was. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

Do you think there is a possibility of the new strain proposal at the Howard Terminal in the Jack London Square neighborhood that is being thrown around?  I think this has great potential for a new home for the A's.

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

Do you think there is a possibility of the new strain proposal at the Howard Terminal in the Jack London Square neighborhood that is being thrown around?  I think this has great potential for a new home for the A's.

I haven't followed all that news enough to know how possible it is (I live in South Bay), but I think that would be a great location.