Sat Apr 15th, @ White Sox

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

I turned the radio off when they announced the minor leaguer was on the game.  Why not leave Cano in? Why not go to someone who can get major leaguers out. What a was of a potential W. 

I agree, really looked like Cano was cruising. But he did just pitch 1.2 yesterday so I get it.

I really want to get on Hyde for such poor bullpen management, but we have too many poor performing relievers and Mateo’s bunt decision was key. Not having Urías at 3B sure hurts; Gunnar really needs work  at that position if that’s where he's going to end up.

Hoping for a good outing from Grayson tomorrow to take the series at least. 

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

Have to use the whole bullpen or all the guys worth a damn will be exhausted before the break. Problem is we don't have enough quality guys out there, but they have to be used.

It's pretty simple.

It's also why you don't play for one run in the top of the inning if you know your main guy isn't available.

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What did Hyde do? This game is on Frazier for failing to execute and Mateo for a terrible decision. You think Hyde called that?

All of their failures to hit with RISP aside, they still had a 1 run lead in the bottom of the 10th.  Hyde should have let Bautista close out the game, but even if we consider Bautista as unavailable, he should have left Cano in the game.  Cano at least has the stuff to strike people out.  Logan Gillaspie has nothing.

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

All of their failures to hit with RISP aside, they still had a 1 run lead in the bottom of the 10th.  Hyde should have let Bautista close out the game, but even if we consider Bautista as unavailable, he should have left Cano in the game.  Cano at least has the stuff to strike people out.  Logan Gillaspie has nothing.

I would have wanted to see Cano stay in but I get it, he just pitched 1.2 yesterday and Gillaspie is a major league pitcher, at least for now.

Lots of goats in this game.  Total failure to hit w/ RISP including Adley.  Poor defense especially throws to 1st and fielding those throws.  Bullpen coughing up leads repeatedly.  Bad move by Hyde bringing in Gillespie.  Great defense by White Sox.  It's one of those games the O's should have won 12-4. 

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Lots of goats in this game.  Total failure to hit w/ RISP including Adley.  Poor defense especially throws to 1st and fielding those throws.  Bullpen coughing up leads repeatedly.  Bad move by Hyde bringing in Gillespie.  Great defense by White Sox.  It's one of those games the O's should have won 12-4. 

On the bright side, it is unlikely we end up in a tiebreaker situation with the White Sox.