Ben McDonald quotables

Frobby

Ben McDonald is great with the folksie sayings.  One we heard a lot last year, about both Mateo and Mullins, was “he covers more ground than kudzu.”   Love that one.  

In the last game that Felix Bautista pitched, Ben said that one of his splitters “was dancing like a minnow in shallow water.”   My wife loved that one. 

Then tonight, he described one of Cano’s pitches as “dirty as a Bourbon Street barbecue.”

These are awesome and I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten.  Anyone have others they remember?  And, be sure to post any new ones here.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Ben McDonald is great with the folksie sayings.  One we heard a lot last year, about both Mateo and Mullins, was “he covers more ground than kudzu.”   Love that one.  

In the last game that Felix Bautista pitched, Ben said that one of his splitters “was dancing like a minnow in shallow water.”   My wife loved that one. 

Then tonight, he described one of Cano’s pitches as “dirty as a Bourbon Street barbecue.”

These are awesome and I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten.  Anyone have others they remember?  And, be sure to post any new ones here.

Isn't it Bourbon Street Martini?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I heard Bourbon Street Martini yesterday. Not saying he hasn't said barbecue, it's possible.

"He got his feelings hurt by that slider" is always a good one, although he hasn't used it much this year. 

What I heard was tonight.  And perhaps I misheard him. Either way, I like it. 

2 minutes ago, Os4days said:

I like Ben as the color guy. He’s more exciting than Palmer who is a bit bland. Maybe blasphemy but my opinion. 

Love them both. We are blessed.  

My favorite Palmer line this year, after back to back two-base hits to give the Orioles the lead:

”Well, two Orioles walk into a bar and say, ‘I’ll have a double.’  And they just did.”   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1