Tuesday, May 23: two hot teams collide as Orioles visit Yankees

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, that's pretty much the game. that's what a shut down pitcher down. He keeps good pitches off the plate. Not putting a ball on a tee.

Bautista blew this game pure and simple. He should give his game check to charity because he did not deserve this one.

Makes me wonder if it was a lack of focus and lapse in concentration. How do you throw that pitch in that situation to a guy coming off a 62HR season? It's almost his head wasnt in the game.

• Upvote 1

Oh well, we deserve to lose this game. 

I'm not going to get mad. It's just the truth. When your closer puts a ball on a tee for the all time AL HR season leader you don't deserve to win.

That pitch is as bad as the Mckenna drop. It was literally that bad an 0-2 pitch. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Bauista needs a lateral movement pitch. The splitter isn't there for him this year. Luckily he has 102. 

I mean, yeah…it’s only one of the 20 or so best pitches in baseball this year, with a wOBA against of .153 and an xWOBA even lower than that (.114, which is 4th lowest of any pitch thrown in 25+ PAs in MLB). Time to scrap it.

Maybe on occasion he just hangs it? As pretty much everyone does with pretty much every breaking ball from time to time?

Like everyone else, I’m super annoyed that he hung it in that situation. Just silly. But good lord, the splitter is Felix’s superpower, let’s not try to rob him of that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, e16bball said:

I mean, yeah…it’s only one of the 20 or so best pitches in baseball this year, with a wOBA against of .153 and an xWOBA even lower than that (.114, which is 4th lowest of any pitch thrown in 25+ PAs in MLB). Time to scrap it.

Maybe on occasion he just hangs it? As pretty much everyone does with pretty much every breaking ball from time to time?

Like everyone else, I’m super annoyed that he hung it in that situation. Just silly. But good lord, the splitter is Felix’s superpower, let’s not try to rob him of that.

Not saying to scrap the split but it hasnt been there this year. Needs confidence in a sweeper.