Road to Omaha 2023

I figure today is one of Ben's favorite days of the year, as all 16 teams involved in Super Regionals have games today, including LSU-Kentucky, Florida-South Carolina, Tennessee against a non-SEC team, and Alabama at #1 Wake Forest, as if a SEC team could ever be an underdog to anyone from another conference.

https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/scoreboard/_/date/20230610

Indiana State and Oral Roberts seem to be in the Sweet Sixteen, and in bad news to the tiny extent that I care, Duke came into Charlottesville and took Game 1 off favored UVA with an 8th inning rally last night.     MLB's wildcard round matches the long standing NCAA Super Regionals best of 3 structure, giving Clubs lots of data how teams approach this size of postseason series.     

I couldn't name a single pitcher on UVA, but believe Game Theory wise down 0-1 the team has to think about throwing whoever its top pitcher is in the first part of the game regardless what their regular season role was.      You shouldn't let yourself lose 2-0 with Felix Bautista in the bullpen all 18 hours.