Bowden discusses the trade deadline

Sports Guy

38 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I have no interest in trading Santander or Hays right now.  Hays should start everyday in one of the corners.  We can get Santanders bat in lineup between DH / 1B and occasional OF starts.  There is room on this roster to bring up Cowser and start most days in the OF.

I am fine exploring trades for Santander in the offseason.

This x a BILLION!!!

why would we trade Santander/Hays let alone to the Yankees???

They are some of the main hitters who are helping us win games along with Adley, Mullins, and now Gunnar (sprinkled in with Hicks, O’Hearns, and a little Frazier). The Orioles currently don’t have the kind of margin of error team that can afford to subtract from strengths and still maintain our level of winning. Our pitching is too mediocre for that. We have decent starting pitching filled with 5 and five guys and only one starter who can give consistent length and a bullpen that is majorly proper up by 2 dominant back and back end guys and the rest mediocre to bad.

I guess the Guardians could trade us Bieber? What could the Mariners let alone the Yankees do for us?

I have no interest in helping to fix the Yankees weakness (one of our major competitors) at our expense.

It's true that the bullpen could use an upgrade or two if the team continues to look like it's going to reach the post season.  It's also true that I will be pretty mad if Cowser, Kjerstad or Westburg is traded for anything other than a solid SP.