Friday, June 23: Orioles open homestand vs Mariners, weather permitting

SteveA

28 minutes ago, terpoh said:

I never said we slow played either Gunnar or Jackson. In fact we seem to promote through the minors pretty quicly when guys are not challenged. Its once they get to AAA that they stay. And which is why I say Elly would still be in Norfolk. We would still have the same "log jam" with Urias, Mateo and Frazier and they are clearly not ready to bench those guys for a propect, be it a 21 year old top rated guy or a 24 year old with 1.000 OPS.

Except they did make room last year for the 21yo top prospect rather then having him stay in triple a. Which is my point.

The orioles do one thing with the 21yo top rated guy, and something else with the 24yo with the 1000 ops. Or they call up the 24yo and never play them. 

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Except they did make room last year for the 21yo top prospect rather then having him stay in triple a. Which is my point.

The orioles do one thing with the 21yo top rated guy, and something else with the 24yo with the 1000 ops. Or they call up the 24yo and never play them. 

They sure did. In september. 

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

They sure did. In september. 

You keep acting like he started the year in triple a. He didn’t. He didn’t even play half a season in triple a. Hey they could have left him in triple a, and then called him up in April. Since you seem to think it’s the month that matters, and not the length of time.

But for some reason you seem unable to recognize that Henderson and Westburg have been treated similarly. 

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

When their starter can locate and ours can’t you know it’s going to be a sleeper game.

Our best hitters are as good as they are because they control the strike zone.  When the pitcher is throwing strikes where he wants, those types of hitters don’t necessarily do as well because they aren’t able to exploit counts.