Middle Reliever trades from 2022

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

The tweets were indeed awful and inappropriate. That said, most people work and interact with people who have plenty of skeletons in their closets and think they are the salt of the earth because they just don't know what the skeletons are. I can tell you from experience that people are always shocked when <so and so> neighbor does something awful, he was the kindest, most honest person they had ever known.

I'd also say that 100% of the people posting and reading this board have said or done something that would people would find equally inappropriate at one time in their lives and it's not held against them because people just don't know about it. 

Sure.

Honestly, I think my biggest point here is there are a lot of guys available. And the chemistry of this team is a very curated thing that has been built over many years. So, with the amount of organizational capital that you're spending, you want to be sure about who you're bringing in. Hader is a phenomenal talent. There's a good chance he would help this team. But there's lots of other great talents that will be available, too. 

Edited by interloper

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Do you think it would really have any affect on his next contract?

I don't, actually.    But I'm less sure that Josh Hader is as agnostic about that as I am.

I also hope Tyler Wells won't be upset if they taper him down to a 5 and dive or relief role if the next few weeks worth of starts look a little wilted.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sure.

Honestly, I think my biggest point here is there are a lot of guys available. And the chemistry of this team is a very curated thing that has been built over many years. So, with the amount of organizational capital that you're spending, you want to be sure about who you're bringing in. Hader is a phenomenal talent. But there's lots of other great talents that will be available, too. 

I heard someone on the radio talking about bringing in trade talent mid-season. I think he was a manager and he said if you bring in a new player and don't want to disrupt your team chemistry, the guys in the locker room need to know he's better than who he's replacing. Hader would be better than pretty much all of our guys, I doubt he'd end up a clubhouse cancer.

Edited by Malike

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Sure.

Honestly, I think my biggest point here is there are a lot of guys available. And the chemistry of this team is a very curated thing that has been built over many years. So, with the amount of organizational capital that you're spending, you want to be sure about who you're bringing in. Hader is a phenomenal talent. There's a good chance he would help this team. But there's lots of other great talents that will be available, too. 

Do you think Delmon Young and KRod hurt the chemistry of the Oriole teams they were on?

Hader's comments pale in comparison to their actual actions.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think Delmon Young and KRod hurt the chemistry of the Oriole teams they were on?

Hader's comments pale in comparison to their actual actions.

A fair point. I'm not trying to make any type of argument here. I'm just offering it as something to consider when determining the best possible guy to bring in. By all accounts Hader is a good teammate irrespective of his past comments so in reality, he probably doesn't hurt chemistry. But you can only make moves with the information that you have and try to make the best decision. 

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sure.

Good chemistry comes from winning which comes from  talent. Have to acquire talent as step 1

6 hours ago, IPlayGM said:

I’m a big fan of getting Hader. Cano, Hader, Bautista at the end of games would be tough, and it would allow the rest to sink into more comfortable roles.  To me, that is potentially great team improvement with one acquisition.

Reminds you of what the Royals did. That’d be a nice thing to do also considering their results.