Sunday, July 16: Orioles vs Marlins

86this

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, it's just weird that he was just thrown in there. I like Devo, but he just seems like he's more of a one or two inning guest vs a 3rd guy in the booth. Rather have Brian Roberts if they want to add in a 3rd guy.

He's one of several that are getting auditions this year.   Brad Brach is going to do some games too.  Olson will be back for some more games.

Reading between the lines, I think that Jim Palmer is probably going to either retire after this year or scale back his schedule significantly due to age and health.   And Ben will probably become the primary but with his other commitments maybe he doesn't want to do more than 80 or 90 games a year.   So they are starting to audition various people to see who they want to phase in starting next year.

Just now, allquixotic said:

Did anyone else notice if Santander's home run in the first inning hit someone? They didn't show it on replay but I think it might have hit a cop? Out there by the bullpens...

It hit a cop on a bounce. Assault 2nd charges pending the outcome of the game.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Nice shutdown inning. Bradish is the man.

We are now 17-2 in shutdown innings during the winning streak (we have scored in 19 innings and only allowed the opponent to score in the immediate next half inning twice).

• Upvote 1